Thursday, July 27, 2017

Jack

For many years our children went to a small Christian school.

I remember becoming almost instant friends with a beautiful mom named Amy.  She was light and laughter (even if she doesn't think so).  She and John quickly became a regular part of our lives...bouncy houses, birthday parties, play dates, and field trips.  Amy and I had many long nights on the phone.

Our oldest three children were all the same age and in the same grades.

Tom was in class with Nick until 6th grade.
Sarah and Jack remained in the same class through 4th.
Anna and Sam went to Kindergarten together.

We spent a lot of time together and they are memories I treasure, though we drifted apart throughout the years.  Their family still holds a space in my heart that no other can fill.

I sat on the floor of our hotel room this morning...across the world....sobbing.  My heart is broken...shattered.

Jack died tragically yesterday at twenty years old.  I think of Amy, John, Nick, and Sam ......and I can't breathe.

Please pray for their family.  I am so broken for them.  I can't get my mind wrapped around this.

There are no words to make this better.   There are no pat answers.

God is sovereign and that remains.  Our hope remains in Him.

Please continue to hold their family up in your prayers through the days, weeks, and months to come.


"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me." Psalm 23:4


1 comment:

  1. I have no words either, except to say how sorry I am, and how I feel for his family...and also for yours. I don't even know them, but my heart broke to read this.
    May Our Comforter give you all His strength and peace in the days and weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails