Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Beyond Me

7:00 am on Wednesday, July 12th, 2017

The morning I left the U.S. I stood in the shower and cried as the song "Beyond Me" played through my head.  I didn't tell anyone.

I climbed into the car and my husband turned his back on me and played with his phone for a minute.  He then plugged his phone into the stereo in our van and "Beyond Me" started playing.

He didn't know.  He really didn't.

This morning, after a sleepless night and time praising our God, I laid in my bed.  I was on my back, my knees up with tears streaming down my face.  

Earphones pressed gently in my ears as I listened to "Beyond Me".


I meet our daughter today.  I did none of this.  You may not believe it, but I didn't.

It was beyond me.  God brought us to this point today.  God leveled mountains and calmed seas.

He took a star, which was out of my reach, and placed it in my hand.


May the Lord God Almighty be glorified today.


Praise our God, all peoples,

    let the sound of his praise be heard;
he has preserved our lives
    and kept our feet from slipping.
10 
For you, God, tested us;
    you refined us like silver.
11 
You brought us into prison
    and laid burdens on our backs.
12 
You let people ride over our heads;
    we went through fire and water,
    but you brought us to a place of abundance.
Psalm 66:8-12


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails