Monday, June 12, 2017

Birthdays and Giving

I want to write profoundly, but my brain laughs at that thought today.    I promised myself that every day a donation toward our adoption comes in, I will write.  Not as a haphazard promise, just to get myself to write, but because I want everyone to see how GOD is working...stirring hearts daily.

I stand constantly amazed.

There is nothing great we are doing.  We are being blessed.  GOD IS GREAT.  HE IS DOING.

It's a beautiful journey to be a part of, not easy, but stunningly beautiful.

I'm just asking you to excuse me if my blog posts don't do that justice.  Sometimes my thoughts are downright boring, if not slightly weird (chuckle).

This weekend we had some family fun though.  It's not often we get to eat out, but thanks to a family member, we were able to eat out for several loved one's birthdays.

We celebrated my mom's birthday....


our Bekah's 11th birthday....



Timothy's 5th birthday....


and Thomas' 46th birthday.


It's not often we are all able to get together like this.  It's going to happen less and less with our oldest son and his family a military family now.


Everyone enjoyed it and the Littles especially enjoyed eating out.  Our lives are not typical in the big scheme of things and the kids haven't been able to do as much since we have been adopting for two years now. (Side note: I admit that I look forward to a family vacation some day with all the children.  It still may be a couple of years while we catch up with medical bills after the girls come home, but that is okay and it is a beautiful thought!  This is one of the things that makes me even more grateful to all those who are sacrificing for us.  I know what may have been given up. :-))






Since my post last night $250 has been given toward the adoption of Grace and Hope.  It wasn't even 24 hours.  Thank you...all of you....


We now have reached the two thousands.  We only need $2890.00 now.  Friends, as you know, this has been the most expensive adoption we have ever had...and God has provided.  I have tears in my eyes as I write that.  God is so crazy awesome cool!!!!!  Through our Church, friends, family, people I've never met, and precious grant organizations....God has provided.

HE continues to provide.

We THANK GOD and we thank YOU!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note: I have the cutest and funniest granddaughters.

Alessandra just turned three months not long ago and I LOVE this picture.

She is such a happy baby! (No joke, almost all the time.)

Now this next picture has us laughing so hard tears run down our faces.  Isabella was so tired on the big birthday night.  She was handed two spoons. Let me just share my oldest daughters post.

"From dinner with my family.... Note to self: be wary of handing child silverware. She's not even angry... She just thinks we handed her the weapons for world domination."

Isabella is the sweetest snuggle bug...and this picture has us laughing...and laughing...and laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't know what's going on, please read Mountains Crumble...It Happened!!! Peel Me Off the Ceiling!

If you hear God nudging your heart or speaking to your spirit about helping bring our girls home....

*Feel free to share our need with anyone God leads you to.  We now only need $2890!  We broke that $3000 barrier and $250  was given since I posted yesterday!!!

*You can email us at 1thomkat(at)verizon(dot)net and we will share our phone number (if you'd like to chat) or  address.  

*The LifeSong for Orphans online account has been left open until  tomorrow, Tuesday, June 13th (when it will be closed) IF that avenue is better (For Grace and Hope).  It IS tax deductible.  

*Our PayPal address can be used (using the "Family and Friends" method) to 1thomkat(at)verizon(dot)net.  

*If you have an idea that may help, please feel free to email us as well. We never know how God may work!!!

Whatever avenue you feel comfortable with, thank you.  
Thank you for answering the call that will change the life of two little girls and our family forever.

  Thank you for the sacrifice...just thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRAYER REQUESTS: (They are now all immanent...smile)

1. THAT GOD IS GLORIFIED IN EVERY STEP OF THIS ADOPTION.

2.  I feel a deep need to have everyone join us in prayer for the attachment of our girls.  Please pray they have NO attachment issues and attach to us as a family very quickly.  We have been in the adoption world enough to know severe attachment issues exist.  We pray that GRACE and HOPE have NO issues with attachment...NONE (that God prepares them as well).

. 3. For Grace and Hope, that they are healthy, loved on, and protected. Please pray that they dream of us and attach quicker than ANYONE could imagine.

4.  That we have "MORE THAN ENOUGH" for this trip.  PLEASE PRAY FOR $2,890 in less than THREE WEEKS and please pray for those individuals God is touching to help us financially bring home the girls.

5. Please pray for Thomas and I to see clearly where God is leading and what WE are to do.

6.  Please pray that I can fully recover and can gain strength before travel comes (both Thomas and I on the last part...physical strength)

7. That my traveling companion (Amy) and I stay well (completely) within country and are safe....not even a nauseous stomach which commonly happens at least once.

 8. That God uses us/speaks through us while we are there, see what we need to see and doing what we need to do.

9. That our families are safe while we are gone and that it is a peaceful (and safe) time for them.

10. For Timothy's complete healing...and that he has walking and running in his future (smile).  That his pain is minimal.

11. Please pray for the Stewart family as they mourn the loss of their father, grandfather, and great grandfather, uncle, brother, and loved one.


2 comments:

  1. Love the photos, especialy the last one! LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see your precious mom. She is always in my prayers. We are all praying here for the girls! Since we've hit retirement age (social security) we no longer have the joy of donating like we once did. But all 14 of us pray! :o) (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails