Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Timothy

Phlegm and coughing up talking life forms, that's where I'm at right now.  I've also lost my voice.

My status on Facebook today...
No voice plus eight kids....
Is mutiny on the horizon?! 
(to be continued...)
This is a soap I'd watch.
*Ain't got no time for this* *great bronchitis showdown 2017* 

I have bronchitis....

and I'm so behind in chronicling our life.  There are a lot of things I need to share, but I'm sick enough that I haven't even let you know how Timothy is doing.

A week ago Monday he had his Spica/body cast taken off.

Thomas took him and it was pretty rough during the process.   He started the "I'm going to scream when any nurse or doctor comes near me" thing.  It really is a point he gets when he's had more pain that he can bear.  It's a fear based behavior.  We do work with him on using his words.  Screaming at people is just not something that, big picture, we want to promote.  We understand it though...oh yes.

The second picture is his old x-ray with his hips out of his sockets.
The first picture is with his hips IN his socket!

The difference inside his body is miraculous.  God truly did use Dr. VanBosse to bless our son.


Though he's smiling, he is letting us know it hurts when we touch his lower body.  He's in a lot of pain and can squirm into a position where he can loosen his AFO's (Ankle/Foot Orthosis).  These "braces" on his feet keep his feet from reverting to pre-casting/pre-surgery.  We are in a bit of a battle of the wills.  We have to win this one for long term success though.


These are his AFO's with their night time straps.  They stretch his ankle and he REALLY hates them.
He's happily not had to wear the night time straps the last few nights as he has some swelling this this specific foot.  It hung down in his car seat too long during a recent long trip.  There was no avoiding it though.  The trip was necessary and his hip and knee (from casting so long) sensitivity  was too great to position him differently.  The swelling is almost gone.

We have a long road of rehabilitation ahead.  He's had his legs in above the knee casts (with no break) for over six months.  His hip and feet hurt, but his knees hurt as well as he uses them.  We start at our local orthopedic hospital on Thursday if I can just kick this bronchitis (prayers appreciated).

I'd like to ask for prayers for reduced pain and for progress for Timothy as he wades through the journey to walking!

We do have adoption news.  As soon as my head clears, I will share it.  We need all the prayer warriors we can get.  It's good, but we are taking a deep breath.

Thank you all for joining us on this adventure!!!!


"Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed;

    save me and I will be saved,
    for you are the one I praise."

Jeremiah 17:14


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails