Saturday, April 1, 2017

Turning a Corner (Day 10 of 13)

With low grade fever last night (101.4) and meds every two hours....

 this little man still told me that he felt "okay" this morning!


Unless someone tried to "medical" him (Kat dictionary uses it as a verb...chuckle) he has been pretty happy.   The round the clock meds seem to have brought back the smile.  We now had the loaner car seat fitted and practiced in the stroller they fitted yesterday.  It really wore him out and he's still sleeping much of the time.  He's playing some too.  It's beautiful to see.


He's still scared of medical professionals touching him (except for blood pressure and temp) and there is pain, but it looks like he's turned a corner.

Side note: One thing I had forgot to share is that his cast is different than we expected.  It is from just below his belly button in the front down to his toes.  The doctor went as low as possible in order to put the pain catheters down the outside of his legs.  The cast on his back to almost under his armpits, slightly curving up his sides, and (of course) down to his toes as well.  There is no bar between his legs which surprised us.


I asked him if I could take a picture.  It's all good as long as it's me, not the nurses or doctors.

Well, Timothy has a little fever again as of about an hour ago (101) and is sleeping and a bit grumpy, but much more normal on the whole.

I'm going to run, but  I wanted to let you all know that God is answering your prayers.  Thank you friends! Keep praying!!!

Please continue to pray that pain is controlled, that pain itself is reduced even without meds, that his fever leaves and doesn't come back, and that his healing is quicker than expected.  I covet the prayers for strength and rest for both of us as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may have seen that during this hospital stay, two of our warriors for Grace and Glory started a fundraiser to help bring our girls home.  I posted about it on Facebook.

"I was sitting here with Timothy as he slept. His new sweet thing is holding my hand while he goes to sleep. I decided to pop on to Facebook and scroll down my feed. Then I saw this. Friends fighting to bring our girls home. I will be honest, I have always believed that God will convict who HE does in giving. I've been hesitant to fundraise this way...BUT in the back of my mind I thought if there was a really good product, quality, that people would buy anyway It would be a good thing. Honestly, I don't own anything from LuLaRoe. Yet for the last six months, from several of the people I respect most, I heard again and again about this clothing line. From adoptive parents I've heard about comfort and quality. Rarely will we invest in a more quality (non Wal-Mart thrift store...smile) piece of clothing. This is honestly a line I would though. I suspect we will at some point when we are not trying to fund an adoption. I feel confident in LuLaRoe and its quality. I'm honored and thankful to Shayna and Jennifer for standing up for our family. I'm grateful, a little teary eyed this morning to stumble across this, and overwhelmed at the love being shown our family. If you would like to be a part of this group just click the "join" button and they will add you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please continue to pray for Grace and Hope!  Please pray that God keeps them safe and they dream of us.  Please pray they attach quicker than we could ever imagine to BOTH of us.  Please also pray we are not only able to meet our matching grant, but go way beyond it quickly.

Please pray for our family back home...strength, health, that we are all brought back together soon and safely.

I want to put this on every blog, though it's not our focus right now, Timothy is.  Yet our girls still very much matter.  They need to come home.  They need to be given love and care.  If I don't write about them a ton right now, it's not that they are far from my heart.  It's that they are snuggly in there even while I hold the hand of their brother.  So, here it goes....

We continue to ask for prayerful support as we seek to meet our matching grant with LifeSong for Orphans. We long to bring our newest daughter's home. We raise $4000 and they will double it.  We cannot use any of our own money.  Money can be donated online or a check can be sent (with our family name and number on it) sent directly to them.  The directions are on the same link below.  We have been told to expect (if normal can be expected) our next paper for the girls within the week.

LifeSong for Orphans Matching Grant~Family #6758
Grace~Victory
Taken two years ago, the most recent picture we have.
She will be 3 1/2 when coming home.  We will have longed 
for her to be here for two years at that point.  Yes, I will 
be a mess when I see her for the first time.  She will
think her mommy is a psycho (chuckle).

Hope~Glory
Taken over a year ago, the most recent picture we have.
She will be two when we meet her for the first time...actually, she turned two 
this week.  Oh, my Mama heart!

 The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
    but victory rests with the Lord.
Proverbs 21:31


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails