Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Next Thirteen Days ~ Timothy's BIG Surgery


I woke up this morning feeling like mini dinosaurs were sitting on my eyelids.  My body screamed at me, "Go back to sleep! There's absolutely NOTHING you need to worry about today."

My brain spoke up about then and whispered, "Ummm...excuse me (my brain doesn't like to be rude), don't you have a trip tomorrow to prepare for."

My eyes, who use a bit too much colorful language, said some choice words about then.

I'm thinking I listened to my brain, but I cannot be sure my eyes are actually open.

Tomorrow we fly out for Timothy's big surgery.

(I think my eyes knew I'm not quite emotionally ready for this adventure.  Personally, I think my heart has been explaining a little too much to them.)

This surgery has been explained to me more and more over the last few weeks.  It's not going to be a walk in the park.  I knew this, but the pain involved is more than I imagined as well.

Timothy's last trip in January

The entire trip is going to be painful for Timothy.  I've seen a soupcon of behavior stuff this last week, so I think he knows too.

It doesn't start with the surgery.  The day after we fly in (the 24th) he has casting of his feet (the casting goes to his thighs).  This is to reposition his feet as much as possible before the surgery.  His feet have been cast for a bit over two months (due to the rescheduled hip surgery).  The cast removal  is now scary for him because he knows the repositioning of his feet (and recasting) is going to hurt.  He'll have the weekend to rest, but on the 27th (Monday) he will go for recasting again.  Tylenol and Ibuprofen help, but it doesn't take away the fact that the procedure hurts period.

He really is so happy most of the time anyway, except during the procedures.  He will fly through this and with a good attitude.  That's just who Timothy is.

On the 29th Timothy has his hips put in their sockets.  This will be a first in his life.  The balls that pops back into his sockets are facing the wrong way though (straight up instead of slightly in).  His bones will have to be reworked.  They may place metal plates, pins, whatever is necessary.  They truthfully won't know exactly what will be needed until they are in there.

He then will be in the PICU for two to three days and in the hospital a total of around five.

He will have a body cast from the chest to the toes.

The scary stuff?  Blood loss, reaction to anesthetic, swelling in his cast, the unknowns.

Jael's wheelchair fitting in December 2016

It will hurt...a lot too.  He will be on heavy duty pain meds, from what I understand, for the first two weeks. (Also, this will be the case when he gets the cast off in the minimum of six weeks.)

So here's the thing, yes...I will update here as I can...but we need to make sure we have prayer cover for this major surgery.

Here are  our prayer requests:
*That the surgery goes better than ever expected and that God guides the surgeons hands and decisions. (Dr. VB)
*That there is minimal blood loss.
*That the casting is the least of extremes necessary (not splits position) and there is no swelling.
*That pain is less than expected and managed well.
*For Timothy to emotionally do well through this, trusting us.
*For healing to be thorough and no further surgeries necessary for his hips.
*For the trip back to be "doable" and very uneventful.
*I ask for prayers as well, for me.  Please pray I make the right decisions and am able to rest and stay well.
*Please pray for the family at home to stay safe and for it to be a peaceful time for them.

Adoption:
*Please pray our LOA comes in this week.
*Please pray God touches hearts and we can meet this matching grant in the next few weeks.
*Please pray God protects Grace and Glory.

Others:
*Please pray for the Smith family at the loss of their precious Daniel.
*Please pray for the Kelly family.  This young family suffered the loss of the mother, father, and two of their children.  Please pray for their two remaining children and grandmother who survived the fire.  I cannot imagine.
*Please pray for my friend "M" who has a new blessing and is in the process of transition.  Please pray for NO hiccups between the many parties involved.
*Please pray for my friend "K" and her husband and child.  They are at the date of when their baby should've been born (who went to be with Jesus).
*Please pray for many in the battle of discouragement/feeling of failure.  This seems to be the tactic the master of lies is using with MANY right now.  It's dark and a twisting that satan likes to do.  Please pray protection for all those facing this right now.
*Please pray for Brandi (someone precious to me) who is facing surgery on her leg right now, that it goes perfectly.

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God,keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments." Deuteronomy 7:9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We continue to ask for prayerful support as we seek to meet our matching grant with LifeSong for Orphans.  We raise $4000 and they will double it.  We cannot use any of our own money.  Money can be donated online or a check can be sent (with our family name and number on it) sent directly to them.  The directions are on the same link below.  We have been told to expect (if normal can be expected) our next paper for the girls within the week.

LifeSong for Orphans Matching Grant~Family #6758

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you guys! I hope it doesn't hurt Timothy too much! He is the happiest kid I have ever met.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails