Monday, February 13, 2017

The Clown Roach

I didn't eat until 2:30pm or even drink until 1:00pm today.  I forgot.  I full on forgot.  I did a ton...and nothing today.  Nothing got completed.  

You know those kind of days?

Today was not a "redo" day, but a "run like a three pound roach is stalking me dressed as a clown" day. By that I mean, run quickly into the next day. 

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. 

Everything that should've taken ten minutes, took hours. 

Kids were far from their normal selves. My jaw dropped on the floor (not for long, to avoid the clown roach) several times. Then I remembered my prayer this morning based on Psalm 51:10.



"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a RIGHT SPIRIT within me." 


 It was the first time "RIGHT SPIRIT" hit me between the eyes. I can know things logically, but emotionally I can feel a spirit of rebellion, frustration, or "toddler-ness" sneaking in.


Kat Dictionary
Toddler-ness
/ˈtädlərnəs/
verb
wanting to stomp ones feet because things didn't go as one wanted them to.

My prayer today was that I had a "renewed right spirit". 

I don't think my "right spirit" showed today, but I will continue to pray this. A sense of gratefulness and praise should be at the forefront. 

So, though I'm very glad today is mostly over (THANK YOU LORD!), this will be my continued prayer.

Now to hope I don't dream of clown roaches....

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails