Thursday, February 2, 2017

I'M A MILITARY MOM!!!!

So this thing happened.  I'm kind of proud of it.

We waited three hours and didn't exactly expect the wait to be that long.







It was worth it though.


Tom has the green shirt on.



You see we are a military family.  My grandpa and uncle served.  My dad was in the Marines. My father-in-law was in the Army Reserves. Both of my brothers served in the Navy.  My husband was in Army Intelligence.


This picture is fuzzy, but cracked me up.

I am now a military mom.

Tom and Elizabeth prayerfully made this decision.  Time and thought went into even contemplating traveling this path.

I'm so proud of Tom.

Really, I'm proud of both of them

There is no "one spouse goes in the military".  Any Military wife will tell you your FAMILY goes in the military too.  We've been in almost this exact same place.  We were newly married and newly pregnant when Thomas went in the military.  It's stretched us and taught us so much.  It gave us amazing experiences and amazing friends.

God has given me a peace that passes understanding, no joke.  I feel like maybe I should be freaking out a bit, but I'm not.  Instead, I have peace and we stand in confidence of their decision.  They made it together.

Thank you for celebrating with them and with us.  It IS a time of celebration for us.


The heart of man plans his way,

    but the Lord establishes his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please keep praying for Alyssa's Family (Scott, Sandy, and sister Jenna).  Alyssa's Celebration of Life was not the end of their journey.   They are learning to live life without the laugh of their precious daughter.  They are learning to put one step in front of the other and to find their new normal.  Please remember, with any parent who has lost a part of themselves...their child, that their journey is long term.  Really, I shouldn't say lost.  They know where she is.  Alyssa Won, she is where we all want to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you wish to follow our adoption journey, the following link has the most recent update.
Another update is coming soon.  We need our village.





1 comment:

  1. Crying tears of JOY for you all! We too are so proud of Tom and Elizabeth AND those precious 7 other men sworn in with him! God Bless America! My Tom refused to marry me until he got out of his service. Maybe it was partially because I was 16 LOL!! It was a looong 3 years waiting :o( I even tried to convince him when I turned 18 by flying out to his CO Springs unit for 2 weeks! Nope! As soon as he got out we married. (I was born in an Army Hospital ;o) And after Tom got out, my dad talked him into 8 years of Reserves. LOL! Go Army! (((HUGS))) and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails