Monday, December 19, 2016

First Trip~Last Day

Tonight's post is going to be short and sweet.  We leave here tomorrow around 3:30am to get to the airport during rush season.

We had an early morning this morning as well.  You may see me hand my phone to my husband tomorrow when we land and then just go to sleep (smile).  He may even  have to fireman carry me to bed and tuck me in.

We were at the hospital for a cast change at 7:30 this morning.

Cast changes used to be happy.  Not so much any more, but for the right reason.  Stretching hurts....

Picture stretching your arm beyond where it normally goes and then casting it for (typically) a few days to a few weeks.  Ya, it's going to stretch your muscle beyond what it's used to and reshape your body.  That is what is happening with Timothy's feet.

Taking the cast off is usually a cinch, but it is not now. It's painful.

This picture was taken AFTER the most painful part, where I held him and talked to him through it.  At this point there wasn't pain until she moved down to take the cast off the feet.  Ugg...tough stuff...


Even the new casts themselves were painful.  Timothy is still learning to trust.  It's not this miraculous, "I get what family is and don't have to impress anyone" thing.  He will often laugh or try to be cute if he thinks that's what you want.  Don't get me wrong, he IS cute (smile).  He is adorable! He's growing and blossoming so much, but that is reality.

I recognize his real laugh and his trying to be what you want laugh.  You can tell the difference between the first picture and the second picture and it breaks my heart.



He is genuinely a happy child.  He has an exuberance.  This stuff hurts though.

Only twenty minutes away from the hospital was the Liberty Bell.  We decided we needed to walk and get out for a few.  Who knew there would be a dinosaur there?  It was animated and Timothy did NOT know what to think!



There is SO much history in the area, but Timothy and I were pretty tired.  We came for the Liberty Bell, so that's what we saw.





So now I get ready to head off to bed.  We have two surgery dates set for January.  Thomas may come up for the shorter one if he's able to work wise.  They will snip just a part both of his Achilles which will allow his feet to go into a more normal position with casting.  In the last surgery he will have his hips put into their sockets.  He will be hospitalized and the trip is for twelve days.  

So tonight I sleep.  This is not the deep or profound blog, but the tired one.  Have a sweet sleep my friends.  May God guide you and keep you.  May (I find myself praying for this a lot) He give you peace.

How could I not think "peace" staying in a place like this?




...or with a child like this.



Thank you Bill, Chris Ann, Elizabeth, and Jacob for opening your house and hearts to us.  Thank you Bret and Pam for handing the keys to your car to someone you didn't even know.  
You guys are all a gift and a blessing to our family!

 "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails