Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Their Worth is Not About a Candidate

I think we've lost sight of this today.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8


Tomorrow the world will go on. Tomorrow there will be joy and sorrow. Your brother who voted for someone different, will still be your brother. This chess match, deciding how it will be played out, will not be won by man. All anyone can do is prayerfully go forward seeking God. I woke in the middle of the night, praying for my friend, praying for my daughter, praying for mercy for my country. Tomorrow though, the world continues to spin, the sun continues to rise, barring Jesus' coming. So, instead of dwelling on what will ultimately not be changed by any polls, I long to see praise. I ache to see good. I hunger to see my friends building each other up...sustaining each other. I want to challenge everyone to stop and pray for all the candidates. They are all God's creation. I want to challenge everyone (and no, I won't be upset at those who choose otherwise...smile) to take this day, full of division, and create a unity no one expects. Go vote...then stop...be done...encourage the hurting, hug the lonely, pray for the persecuted, and tell someone that doesn't agree with you that their worth is not about a candidate.


When we voted today, everyone was kind and with
so much division...there was still unity.  I could
see on many faces it was hard.  To tell you the truth, I 
had tears in my eyes and tried very hard to not 
let the tears flow.  I pray for mercy.

League of Future Voters


1 comment:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails