Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Baby has Dropped!

I'm Grandma, that means legally I am obligated to share. (Statute 572 from the Mommy Handbook)

This girl here got confirmation yesterday that the baby has dropped!



Last weekend Sarah described to me a feeling she had.  It was word for word the exact feeling I had when I was pregnant and little (in utero) Sarah dropped.  My pregnancy with Sarah was the only one where I felt a little "pop" and the baby dropping.

Sarah is now nesting like CRAZY!  

Just so you know, nesting really isn't a choice...it's an internal insanity drive that says, "All must be done NOW!"   (I actually thought that in a cave man voice and then thought, "Ugg, grunt, thump.)  


With nesting you find yourself contemplating moving things that weigh three times as much as you....like the refrigerator (Disclaimer: Not a good idea) 

The general thought is that once you drop you have the baby 2-4 weeks later.  So lets see...hmmm...she dropped last Saturday (October 22nd).  That would have Ivan holding his daughter by Saturday, November 19th (at 38 weeks)....if things go normally (which our family rarely does...chuckle).


Have I mentioned I'm excited...the kids are excited?  We've got a house full of very excited Aunts and Uncles. (Can you believe Timothy will be an Uncle????)


These two goofballs will make AWESOME parents!!!  (Though Isabella is already calling the shots.)

Please keep these three in your prayers!!!


"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;

    his greatness no one can fathom."  Psalm 145:3


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Immanent Prayer Request:  We have a big adoption step that we will attempt to do on Monday.  Please pray for God's favor. 

Our Prayer Requests:
*Please pray for our continued adoption journey.  Please pray protection over our family and the ever expanding number of children (here and across the world).  The master of lies loves to mess with anyone trying to follow God.
*Please pray for a financial way.  We have funds due soon with the adoption and many unusual expenses that happen...some only every five years.  They just happen to have happened all at once during back to back adoptions.  We are taking a deep breath and trusting God. 
*Please pray for our beautiful pregnant daughters  (one is a daughter-in-love, but I love her like one) and one precious extended family member who is expecting.  Our daughter Sarah is due any day and they have a lot of things they are trying to figure out. Please pray for discernment, direction, and blessing for Sarah and Ivan.   Please pray for all three of the babies and their health...and health of the mommies.
*Please pray we GLORIFY GOD in ALL THINGS.  This is the most important. 

Our Friends:
*PLEASE pray for a young teen named Alyssa.  She has brain cancer and has had many brain surgeries at this point.  They just found cancer at the base of her spine.  PLEASE pray for healing.  (She is the daughter of two friends from college.)  Please also pray for her family.
*Please pray for my husband's friend at work.  He lost his mother-in-law two weeks ago. (The Windom family)

Know if I'm praying for you, I have not forgotten.  If I don't have your permission to put it here I won't in order to make sure it is only shared if you would like us to.

2 comments:

  1. HA! HA!! I still nest at frequent landmark ages of the children. Like my last birth baby turns 13 in January so I'm nesting like crazy because I need to clean out everything that refers to him being a babyish! LOL!! So with all 4 oldest being teens soon, every coloring book, 10 piece puzzle, Barney video etc must go! LOL! Of course some of the stuff we thought the little boys from BG would use but NOPE!They have their own interests! So I'm neeeesting at 59 years and 6 months. Hmmm maybe I'm nesting because of that too.......turning 60 next year.
    Anyhoo from 1rst baby to death, nesting never ends if you are still parenting! ;o)
    p.s. please send some prayers our way, I have skin cancer on my foot. Surgery the 29th. Darn insurance must approve?? it first. (((HUGS)))) Love and prayers from MN

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails