Friday, July 1, 2016

Grace~Victory (A New Family Adventure)


"Our Family is A Miracle Unfolding" 
(Thank you for this Amy.)

Our Youth Minister preached this last Sunday.  He preached on feeling foolish (or at least that was part of it).   Yes, he pointed out the irony (laughing).

I know I HATE feeling foolish, but am really good at it (smile).

I was noodling this thought as I contemplated how I should word this post.

In my pondering I reiterated (in my head) that we need to expect that the world will say things of God are foolish (they don't know Him).  The world often sees absolute truth as relative.

They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised." Romans 1:25

I see friends set themselves aside to follow our AMAZING STUNNING OUT OF ANY BOX GOD...and get labeled "fool" quicker than a cat with it's tail on fire.  (Should it worry me a child gave me that phrase? Chuckle)

"Fool" can even be screamed by those that love us.
(Side note: They are imperfect, just as we are. This isn't meant to bash, but is a sad reality at times.)

Missionaries 
"Seriously, you are going to ruin your lives."
Careers led by God
"How can you expect your kids to give up things they should have."
Adoption
"Your selling hard earned _______ to follow God?  He would not expect that of you."
Ministry
"It's not safe.  God would not ask you to be unsafe."

All these statements have been said by well meaning people (though not necessarily to us).  They all have one thing in common.  They are not Biblical truth.

Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.
                                                   1 Corinthians 3:18-19a

These kind of statements obviously even come when one is called to adopt.

I've seen that there is almost no pain that is inflicted that is as painful as when it comes from someone we love.

I've seen professionals (in many avenues) accept the Americanization of what a family should look like.

Obviously we kind of broke that mold.  Actually, a lot of you have too.  (Isn't it fun?!)

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. 
                        James 1:27

Following God is not about being comfortable.  It's not about jumping in the shallow end and our feet touching the bottom.  It's about jumping in the deepest part of the ocean, leaving those we love safely on the boat, knowing we CANNOT DO THIS or WILL NOT LIVE without God's intervention.

We will not make it through God's plan for us unless HE gives us that scuba gear and guides us to dive farther than we ever have before.

It is about doing what the world deems foolish.

This verse hits me over and over again.

Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.
                                                   1 Corinthians 3:18-19a

I will tell you right now, I'm not comfortable. No, my pants aren't too tight (this week).  No, the spring on the couch is not sticking me in the back.

I say this is not to brag on myself.  (Oh my, I feel like I'm a sinner to top all sinners much of the time.)

I say this because our God is blessing us again...and it's scary sometimes.  Most days we are joyful, just waiting to see what God will do.  Days like today, the fear creeps in.

Honestly, sometimes I want to be comfortable.  I want to plug my ears like a little kid.  Sometimes I want to not  fear that I won't make it to the other side (of what God has given me).

I constantly hit my knees saying, "Oh God, I cannot make it without You."

We are there right now.  We are at a place that many may think is foolish.  We are at a place where to the world, we seem crazy.

You can buy expensive car after expensive car, spend thousands maintaining them and you may be labeled as "opulent".

You can have the perfect house with the expensive furniture, beautifully manicured lawn, and newest and best electronics and you may be told it's "understandable".

Yet, when God expands your borders...your children...your heart...again and again, you may very well be labeled "foolish".

Foolish...

So I'm sharing here today.  That we are foolish.  That we are claiming the word FOOLISH, because the wisdom of God this world cannot understand.  It is foolish to them.

Call us fools for God.

We stand humbly on Him.  We are nothing compared to Him.

Our greatest wisdom is foolish compared to God's Wisdom.

Join us in our foolishness, as we cling to what God leads us to do...

....as God leads us to His grace.  His grace allows all of us to do for Him (of which we are not worthy).....from the smallest thing (down in the trenches) to the largest thing (in the Heavens).

Join us as we are following God to grace...

and...actually....to Grace~Victory....

Grace is  our 2 1/2 years old  daughter that has Down Syndrome

We start from scratch as we begin the adoption journey again.  We jump in the deepest part of the ocean, knowing only God can bring us out again.  We don't have the funds.  The waves seem insurmountable, but God is not calling us to comfort.  He's calling us to our daughter.  He's calling us to dive deep.

For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 
                                                      1 John 5:4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you wish to join us in our financial journey (yes, the fear creeps up here) to Grace~Victory, you are welcome to donate at our "You Caring Site" at the side of this page or you can send us funds directly through PayPal (with no money taken out) to 1thomkat(at)verizon(dot)net .

We currently have $655 and need $6685.00 just to start the home study and for the first international agency fees. This is our short term goal.  We really needed to turn in the fees over a month ago.   (In  the end, an adoption through this country usually cost around $30,000.)

Insurmountable, no...not with God.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I needed this! I want to be comfortable way too much :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news ! I realy thought you were going to say you were preagnent ;)
    Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family constantly Amazes me! I am so humbled and blessed to serve our Great Big God along side you. We love you and we are looking forward to the day when we meet Grace. God is Good....ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family constantly Amazes me! I am so humbled and blessed to serve our Great Big God along side you. We love you and we are looking forward to the day when we meet Grace. God is Good....ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails