Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Lessons Have Started

Poor sweet boy...

This is a picture I took to send Lexi.  He's playing
with the wallet he swiped from her in country and 
is one of his favorite things.  It's just too sweet 
of a picture to not share.

Today he was a precious very human little boy.

He decided he was mad at Gabe.  All of us were watching and have NO clue why he was angry.  Gabe had not done anything.  The nearest we can figure is that Gabe didn't give him what he wanted.
He tore into Gabe verbally in Mandarin.  I have to say this was adorable (even if I didn't want to think it was).  He then, let's just say, made a decision where mommy needed to step in.

I gently removed Timothy from the couch (where he was sitting coloring with his siblings).  He was NOT happy.  I explained with a translation app...the best I could...keeping it simple.  He then went on his first "time in" on mommy's lap.

He did not want to say sorry in English or in Mandarin.  Kindly and gently, whenever he wanted to get down, I asked him to say sorry.

He absolutely knew what was wanted, but was devastated we would expect it of him.  He was perfectly adorable and this is always a battle that happens at some point.  We 100% believe in therapeutic parenting, but also 100% percent believe in respect and love for each other.  These are not exclusive of each other, but things we work on side by side.

Little man sat on my lap, bawling (or mad) for quite awhile.   When he would start to try to get down,  I'd ask him for an "I'm sorry."

He sat...and sat...and sat....

....and eventually (in the sweetest voice) said sorry.

He has such a precious heart with a tender spirit.  Tonight we began what is part of being a family.  Daddy and Mommy are in charge and will keep us safe (as long as God allows), loving and respecting each other.  It's an important part of family.  He has much that he will understand in time, but the lessons have started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight I rocked Timothy to sleep, as I do every night.  The difference is that tonight, as he woke up when I laid him down, he looked up at me and smiled.  Oh how I love that smile.  Praying tonight is peaceful for him (without fear).  The fear is fading and less (usually once or twice a night).  Thank you Lord!!!

I'm really struggling with jet lag.  I think Lex is too.  Where she's staying up almost around the clock trying to get on schedule, I'm wanting to sleep CONSTANTLY.  I'm doing all my "tricks" to combat it.  I've done jet lag before.  Nothing is working.  I'm a bit discouraged.  My husband only has this week off and I'd like to enjoy it more as a family.  A friend helped tonight by sharing she went through the same things...two weeks of nausea and jetlag.  It made me feel not so isolated in this (though logically I know I'm not).  I am very literally praying it doesn't last that long though.  I'm praying it's gone tomorrow for that matter...chuckle (or greatly reduced).

Funnily, Timothy is doing AWESOME with getting on schedule (smile).

Tonight everything is also hitting me emotionally.  I could feel it coming.  At some point, with every trip, it has to hit....the jet lag, nausea, missing my kids, time in country (though I LOVED it, there are hard things), long plane rides, missing my hubby, bills, things that need to get done....all of it hits.

So, if I'm quiet if you call, email, or message in the next 24 hours or so...that's why.

We continue to appreciate all prayers friends....the transition has just begun.  Besides, who doesn't need prayer?!

Prayer Requests
1.    Continued prayers for Tom and Elizabeth....blessing and protection.
2.  Prayers for our grandchild (in utero) and mommy as the pregnancy progresses.  Sarah has to be so careful with the severity of her allergy to wheat (seizures) and she also has to gain a lot of weight (she lost and couldn't gain before her Celiac diagnoses and was only beginning to gain before her pregnancy).
3. For our little man as he transitions.  Specifically that he sees us as different (attachment) and has some stranger fear (showing he sees us as his security) and his sleep. It's easy to look at little ones newly coming home as "friendly".  That may be a bit of it, but often they have no concept of family and view everyone as caregivers initially.
4. For direction as we move forward with so many changes and future changes.
5.  That we can get into a good co-op with home school (in the works) for next year.
6.  For Lexi and I as we struggle with jet-lag (nausea as well) and also that God grows us from this last trip how HE wills.  



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for showing him real love - the kind, gentle authority that requires obedience and brings real security.
    Thank you for loving Timothy, and all your children! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails