Monday, May 9, 2016

Ever Changing Life...and I was Caught

The kids went for a walk today with Daddy (and Anna who took the pictures) while 
mommy slept since little man isn't.

An egg found on the walk.



Little man isn't sleeping well at night.  We've successfully  kept him up during the day, but there is a lot of fear at night.  We saw this a little in country, but it was limited.

In country we lived in one room.  Now his world is much bigger.

In country the smells and sounds were familiar.  In the United States, everything is different.

He also doesn't see our Lex everyday since she doesn't live with us.  His securities have to change some.

He wakes scared every hour and a half or so.

We have the crib in our room,  (They had never moved him from a crib.)

We leave a light on (dim) so that he can see us.  This helped a little.  He went from waking up every hour to every hour and a half.

We still give him a bottle at least two times a day. (That was all he drank from at the orphanage.)

He uses the same blankets he did in China.

Tomorrow we try to play (with the other kids) in the bedroom some to make the room more familiar.  There are also a couple of ideas others have given us.

I'm a bit sleepy.  I've had some issues with nausea and back pain after arriving home. (Only occasional nausea in country and back was sore, but fine in country.)

So when I wrote yesterdays post, I was beyond tired...and I didn't realize until later that I had not shared wonderful news here.  For awhile I couldn't, my son and Elizabeth weren't sharing on social media.

Now they are shouting it out, much to my relief, so I can too!!!

Ann Onymous (smile) spotted this slip in yesterdays post.

This is how they announced it on Facebook.  In order to not share anything I shouldn't with sleep deprivation (chuckle) I will just share their words.



"Approximately one year ago, I started dating who I consider to be the most beautiful woman I know. Last Christmas, we announced our engagement. And as of April 15th, Elizabeth and I are very happy to announce that we are now married.
We made this decision after careful consideration as well as with counsel from our elders. Originally, we had planned a simple traditional ceremony (which is still in the works). However, we chose to move up our marriage date.
We are now happily living in an apartment together in a neighborhood that almost couldn't be safer. The support Elizabeth and I have been given is overwhelming, and we couldn't be thankful enough. We are crazily in love with each other, which I'd obviously have to be to announce the news via Facebook.
Thank you all for your support, and we continue to welcome it as well as prayers as Elizabeth and I continue to walk this new chapter in our lives."

This is a big unknown (that we couldn't share) we've requested prayers for.  Of course, there are always other things in the works here too (smile).
We appreciate family prayer tonight.
1.  Continued prayers for Tom and Elizabeth, blessing and protection.
2.  Prayers for our grandchild (in utero) and mommy as the pregnancy progresses.  Sarah has to be so careful with the severity of her allergy to wheat (seizures) and she also has to gain a lot of weight (she lost and couldn't gain before her Celiac diagnoses and was only beginning to gain before her pregnancy).
3. For our little man as he transitions.  Specifically that he sees us as different (attachment) and has some stranger fear (showing he sees us as his security) and his sleep. It's easy to look at little ones newly coming home as "friendly".  That may be a bit, but often they have no concept of family and view everyone as caregivers initially.
4. For direction as we move forward with so many changes and future changes.
5.  That we can get into a good co-op with home school (in the works) for next year.
6.  For Lexi and I as we struggle with jet-lag and also that God grows us from this last trip how HE wills.  Prayers against nausea and back pain would be WONDERFUL as well!

I still have a ton to share.  The dynamics in our family and how they've changed have just been cool to watch.  Thank you for joining our family in this adventure!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Tom and Elizabeth!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Have you had anyone who speaks Chinese ask him what he needs to feel better? I was adopted from Brazil as an infant. I'm sure my parents would have liked to be able to ask why I was upset if I'd been a toddler. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thinking the same thing! :-)

      We have a translator lined up locally. We also wanted to make sure he understood.

      In China we had our guide ask him about the bath screaming (never really had baths) and the diaper changing anger. It helped SO much being able to talk back and forth!

      Delete
    2. That's awesome he can understand some of what's happening.

      Delete
  3. I read that post yesterday and I *did* think, "Wait! What? When did Tom get married?" LOL! Congratulations to them.

    I'm sorry to hear Little Man is struggling with fear. It's bittersweet that he misses Lexi. The sweet smile I see in so many pictures is absolutely AWESOME, though!

    Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails