Friday, March 4, 2016

This Morning...NO CAPES (Said in Edna's Voice From The Incredibles)

In case anyone gets the wrong idea that I have a cape and run around, I had a total meltdown this morning.

Side note:  Okay, I do run around with a cape occasionally, because my kids bought one for me and it's just fun.

The stress has been getting to me for a couple nights, the stress of the last year.  I'm not sure why it's hitting now.

I know it's stuffy in our house at night with the air conditioner needing a flushing (we hope that's it) and with the heat I just don't sleep well.  It's a total first world problem.

I know we have a couple other fixes eating at me.

We have a little girl, or not so little at ten, whose side of her eye has starting hurting (no signs of pink eye or anything).  We thought she just scratched the lid, but last night it really started hurting and this morning it's a bit swollen. We are going to the doctor later.

I know we have one vehicle and I don't have it today.  Thomas uses my mom's Tuesday thru Thursday (and I have the big van Tuesday through Thursday).  So appointments on these days are a bit more difficult.  We've got Thomas' old '91 truck almost working, but still need a couple of thousand to finish it.   We needed to focus our tax return on the adoption and medical bills.

Not sleeping did me in.

I'm just a bit weary this morning and I totally melted.  We have so much up in the air and I wish so desperately I could just scoop up the family and go somewhere for a week...just play...just zone and pretend we didn't have so much right now.  (We may try to go to the zoo.  We have a membership, since the membership for our family is cheaper than going ONE TIME, but we need to have the funds to pack a picnic...stuff that won't spoil and this paycheck is tight).

I know KNOW that our lives are so much easier than what many are going through.  The Quesenberry Family lost their husband/father last week.  Annabell's (the 3 1/2 year old six months home from China that passed away) family has to figure out life without her.  The entire Quasarano family passed away due to carbon monoxide poisoning...six of them.

My friend Yvonne's husband had to have an emergency quadruple bypass last night.  (The surgery last night went wonderfully by the way!)

There are just so many.

Yet this morning I melted.  I don't do well with limbo and we have a lot of limbo in our lives right now.  I feel like, in this limbo, we are recovering from the last year.

Add to that, the anniversary of Jonathan's death is coming up.

So, this morning I just tired.  I'm shorter than normal (my patience) and I'm not to proud of that.  I'm weary.

I will continue to try to be real though.  I find I can't relate to those that only share the fun and perfection of their life or home school.  I LOVE reading the fun! I LOVE IT, but I can't relate if they don't mention the pile of laundry on their couch or the fact that there's weird smell they can't track down.  I can't relate if children never struggle or bicker...or if the mom always looks perfect.

So I share my melting.  My laundry (actually folded...MIRACLE) all along the back of the couch...


 ...a cat sitting on the curtain rod (trying to figure out how to get down) and another who climbed up the curtains and ripped them...



....the eternal dishes to be done, a child in a bit of trouble, my phone is not charging, and a throw rug is permanently stained because a older child spilled tomato sauce on it. (It wasn't supposed to be in there and they didn't clean it up other than a quick wipe, so it sat. I spill, it's the not taking care of it when it happens that rubbed me just a bit.)  I share that our house is not perfect, that limbo stinks, and well...I share a lot.

That is my life.  I love it.  I'm just weary this morning.  In everything we just seem to have so far to go.  I have confidence in God.  I just (again) don't do limbo well.

So thank you for your continued prayers and continued giving.  It's huge and we thank you.

Now I will curl up on the couch and cuddle with the kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We appreciate all prayers.  Prayer requests and information on giving (should God prompt) are below.  Thank you guys for all your help in getting Timothy home...both through prayer or financially.

This coming Monday at 9:00pm Central, all over the United States, people are praying for our adoption and our family.  We appreciate all prayers.  We do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Here's where we are on funds (prayer requests below).

Total Needed $13,000 (approximate)
Payment due in maybe 2 weeks:  $3000.00
Travel Funding within 3-5 weeks (We need to purchase plane tickets quickly when our Travel Assignment comes.): $9000-$10,000

Funds can be donated through our YouCaring Site to the side of this blog.  To send funds by PayPal our email address is 1thomkat (at) verizon (dot) net . Funds can also be sent to our agency (tax deductible and they will send you a receipt).  Please put our names on the memo line.  
Memo: For Thomas and Kat Adoption

Wasatch International Adoptions
attention: Thomas and Kat Adoption
1140 36th Street #204
Ogden, Utah 84403

If you wish to send funds directly, please feel free to email us.  We just don't feel comfortable putting our address on the internet.

PRAYER
FOR GOD TO BE GLORIFIED AND MAGNIFIED!

Today (and next day or so):
*Please pray the paperwork that we need to be submitted is.  Please pray that the paperwork we need is able to be given (with joy).

The next days:
*The funds we need feel like we need "cattle on a thousand hills".  Please pray our cattle comes in. God knows our needs.
*Please pray for energy for Thomas and I.  I know this may sound funny, but the stress of the last year (only about half has been shared publicly, some day we hope to) has taken it's toll.  We've stopped focusing on health and we need to be.  We also feel a bit drained with all the medical scares last year (as well as a few other things).  We appreciate prayers for health for our whole family (and energy).
*Please pray for Timothy (and any future children) that he is protected and prepared to attach beyond what can even be expected.  That God implants us on his heart and that he is given dreams (and any future children).
*Please pray protection for our family, that the master of lies is blinded, deafened, and silenced.
*Please pray we hear God clearly and obey Him promptly.



6 comments:

  1. Limbo, weary, meltdowns. . .oh girl, I'm hearin' ya!! Praying a hedge of protection around you today. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see the prayers all day. Hugs precious friend!!!!

      Delete
  2. Not sleeping always done me in... Imagine me getting hysterics while telling my husband that last night I imagined that my sinuses were a friend's attic and I HAD to blow my nose all night to clean their attic... And laughing so hard that I started coughing (because, y'know, the flu) and then peeing everywhere because I am 8 months pregnant... Yep. My life is messy. I always find your posts very relatable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....I so "get" you!!!! BWAHAHAAAAA....yes, this is it. THAT is real!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh you don't even want to know what goes on here. How satan has the hearts of my adult children who seethe hate towards me. So enjoy my happy posts at my blogs "UNCONTAINABLE JOY" and "The Road Down Home"! Think of it as respite. Because whether 1rst world, 2nd world, 3rd world, watching adult kids on drugs, a son driving after a DUI illegally, a daughter 36 married 2x and now lives with a boy friend 11 years younger and gave birth to her 5th daughter in Feb.- I'm raising 2 of her daughters from her first marriage since they were born. I live in my WAR room.
    YES GOD HAS THE VICTORY! HE ALREADY WON! But my heart and soul live on the battle field, beaten, shamed, and left for dead.
    Sorry, off my pedistle.
    See you on the battle field. And I pray you never know the level of my pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I just love you so much. I love your heart for your children...and I pray for you...your children and have for a long time. You are a treasure to those around you. Thank you for being an example in battle. Thank you for being a friend. Hugs and so much love.....

      Delete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails