Thursday, March 17, 2016

G.G. and St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day was my grandma's birthday, as well as my Aunt Jean's and a precious woman in my life named Eva. 

I loved them all dearly.

My grandma was a woman of God who, her last night on earth, reminded
me the depth of her relationship with our Heavenly Father.

My Grandma and Grandpa.  Married, then widowed....

Grandma then married Nick.  We'd known him for years.  He was married to 
a precious woman and widowed as well.  Look at the joy!


 Grandma's time was coming.  As night closed in I called her.  I will
always remember that conversation.

Her voice sounded just like I remembered from when I was little.
She said she was so tired, but felt so badly that 
she hadn't read her Bible that day.
That really struck me.  I told her that she had stored up God's Word in her heart
and He was right there.  That it was okay.

Those were the last words I had heard from Grandma.  She died the next day.

God was everything to her.  She wasn't perfect, but her
love for God is what I will always remember.  It inspires me.

I think that's what we all need to remember.  Our lives, our words, our love
are a testimony for generations.  

Some of the kids...
My mom took everyone out to dinner.  We're not contagious, and pretty weak 
right now, but this is a day we always celebrate my grandma.
Though we missed Tom and his fiance Elizabeth...
(back to front)
Max, Anna, Sarah and Ivan (married)
Jael, Ben (hiding in there), Bekah, Rachel, and Gabriel
(Just think...next year TIMOTHY!)

Several of us were not feeling well by the end of the night.  Ivan had a 
bad headache by the time this picture was taken.  He's such a sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails