Wednesday, January 27, 2016

But Grace....

Grace...hard to give at times.  I guess even hard to receive at times, but I'm learning.

The phone rang early, an accented voice spoke on the line.  They were confirming a delivery of an appliance (someone purchased a new one for us...such a sweet blessing)...only they were concerned.  It didn't come with a cord and it hadn't been ordered.

What?

Ummmm...what do you do with an appliance that has no cord?

But GRACE....

Okay, the sales guy pulled a blooper.  I've done that MANY times...too many to count.

Anna and Jael then woke up sick, with signs of our "arch nemesis" Strep.
(I will say Strep gets no grace from me.)

We headed clinic after eating.  My mom wanted to come with us and treat us to a drive-thru breakfast. It was a specific one that had the gluten free that we HAVE to have (unless we want flying hyenas in our gut).

Food...we do food.

At the drive-thru they didn't have the first item we ordered...or the second...or the third.  The effort made by the employee was somewhat minimal.

But I have had those days...oh yes I have...exhausted...stressed...probably had someone talk unkindly.

But GRACE.....

We hit the clinic and headed to Wal-Mart to pick up some popsicles for sore throats.

I ran in really quick, but had to turn around shortly.  I got a call that there was Wal-Mart management at our car.

WHAT?!

I come out and apparently someone had said they saw kids in a running car alone.  Granted, the back tinted windows make it so you can't see inside.  They couldn't see the grown-up (that was there in case you are wondering ;-) ).  I opened the door and showed them said grown-up.  Yes, my kids are always supervised.  I have two sick children and didn't want to haul everyone inside.

They were kind.  They were being safe.

Part of me wanted to get frustrated.  I guess almost offended.  I don't mind if someone doesn't like me because my life doesn't reflect the world.  No biggy.  I just don't want someone to see our "Mobile Ark" of a van and think I would ever leave my kids in any unsafe situation.  I felt like I did something wrong when I 100% didn't.  It crossed my mind that every time this person saw our unmistakable van they would think I was not a good mom.

Argggg....

Sigh....groan...shoot....deep breath....but GRACE.

Okay, I'm thankful, if someone suspects ANY child is alone in a car that they tell someone.  They did what would be right.  Benjamin probably, in his friendly way, stuck his face to the glass...knocked...and waved.  They couldn't see any grown-ups, since the car was locked and they were sitting next to Benjamin (not in the front)...and are short (hee hee).

I asked the management to thank the customer for being concerned and explain.

But GRACE....

God reminded me this morning.  Give grace as you want to receive it.

It was little stuff...little annoyances...no big deal.

Yet (not said to brag on myself, but GOD) grace took what could be frustration/negative/complaints and changed it to a good day, a day of forgiveness, and a day of encouragement.

Grace is cool that way, when we apply it like we are given it.

Let me tell you, I'm given it daily.  I'm not proud of that, but it's true.

I long for the day I don't fall short.  That's not the way it is though.

I sin.  I'm impatient at times.  There are days I'm forgetful.  I try to do the right things and do the wrong ones.  I get angry.  I make wrong choices.  I give into temptation.

I do

Yet thankfully, my Savior died for me.

GRACE


"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! (((HUG)))
    Recently Tom helped our Group Home gal SP to the van waiting to take her to her "Day Activity Center". (sheltered workshop) She decided she wasn't going as the van pulled up. ugh! Right behind Tom, Noah (now 12) decided to crawl out to peek out the door ever so innocently to see where Dad was going! It was adorable and a huge milestone for a boy raised in a crib 24/7 for his first 9 years of life. He is broadening his horizons- he's curious! But all Tom could think about is "Oh no! The van driver will think Noah isn't being supervised.
    Man oh man!! The world is so upside down. I hate how it affects our thinking even when we've done nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails