Tuesday, November 3, 2015

More ~ National Adoption Month

The giggling runs through the house like a caterpillar, curling around the stems of flowers.

They are daughters, sisters, grandchildren, nieces, and friends.

I sat across the table, during our special "girls day", from Bekah and Anna. I was sandwiched between Jael and Rachel.

Jael leaned over, "Mommy, my tummy doesn't feel good.  It hurts"

Feeling her prosthetic belt, I realized she had put it on too tight.

It's the little things that allow me to be Mommy.

We ask for more water.  We listen to Anna's thoughts on the youth group.  Rachel whispers in my ear and snuggles up to my side.

They are daughters.  They are MY daughters.

There are days of tears, trials, and hard...just plain hard, but at the end of the day they call me Mommy.

They have never been numbers.   Unless you talk to our Bekah.  She is the first to assure us that she is almost to the double digits.  She's almost ten.

Some may ask why we have so many kids.

If you knew what I know every day of my life...every smile...every giggle...every snuggle.  You wouldn't ask.

We have this many kids because we are blessed.

They are in bed now, supposed to be asleep.  I hear the giggle.  I hear the whispers.  I smile.

I thank God for these children..... and let me tell you, I pray He gives us more....more giggles, more laughter, more beauty...more hard, more growing, more blessing.

More Tom
More Sarah,
More Anna,
More Max,
More Benjamin,
More Jonathan
More Bekah,
More Jael,
More Rachel,
More Gabriel,
And More Timothy....

Because in more, we see more God....

"So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them."   Genesis 1:27



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you wish to aid us financially in our adoption journey, you can send a tax deductible check to Wasatch International Adoptions.  Place on the memo line of the check "for Thomas and Kat's Adoption of Timothy."  They will send you a receipt in the mail.  You can also give through "You Caring" at the link to the side of the blog.

Wasatch International Adoptions
1140 36th Street #204
Ogden, Utah 84403


If you wish to send funds directly to us for Timothy, please contact us at everlasting_momentum (at) verizon (dot) net.

To see where all funds go, see http://everlastingmomentum.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-financial-need-explained.html

Prayer Requests:
*Please pray we stand, reflect, and glorify God through our lives and this adoption process (first and foremost).
*Please pray for protection for our family and future children...that the master of lies may be bound and anything coming against us may be turned away.
*Please pray the adoption is fully funded.
*Please pray that we find our new normal (usually an after adoption prayer...lol).  We need to figure out what direction to go in several ways.  We need God's direction and discernment.
*Please pray for Sarah and Ivan as they begin their lives together.  That they learn to grow together toward God and ALWAYS love God more than each other.
*Please pray my mom gains strength and finds a new normal as well.  Also, please pray her kidney levels do go where they need to.

Many people are going through hard times right now.  Please email me if I can pray for you. everlasting_momentum (at)verizon.net


*Please pray for a friend of mine's daughter who has cancer.  She's going through treatment and it's really rough.  Her name is Alyssa.
*Please pray for the Marshall and Shrader families.  My high school friend Marc passed away only weeks ago from brain cancer (he was my age and left behind a beautiful wife and three young sons).  His older sister's husband was killed in an accident last weekend.  I can't fathom what this family is going through.  He leaves his amazing wife Chrisie and two daughters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you wish to follow us on Facebook, where I post a little more often (smile)....



No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails