Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Deep Breath...

My friend told me Sunday that I need to feel this week...really feel it.  I need to not be so busy I miss this.  Joan, timeout....(chuckle)

We are now within a week until Sarah and Ivan's wedding.  It is busy busy busy, but everything...feelings are magnified by ten I think.  This is one of those moments that are so real...so raw.

It's a celebration, such joy, but there is an element of heart hurt.  Our baby girl is has grown up.  She's leaving to start a life with a wonderful young man.  The way it's supposed to be.

So we celebrate through periodic tears (and anxiety attacks...laughing).

As of today only I need something to wear.  We are down to about five small things to purchase besides my outfit. So many are pitching in to make this come together. Now to do girls hair, clean our house, pick up family, mail the adoption documents, get two passport pictures for Thomas and I, the final fitting for Sarah's dress and Anna's dress, finding my outfit (at least the top), and...and...and....

So forgive my silence and also my dazed look (if you see me).  My mind is mush...happy mush...but mush.

 Below are pictures of the shower 
our Church family threw Ivan and Sarah.
I got three pictures...THREE.  I was
so enjoying being with our cherished
extended family.


Ivan's not mad, though he looks like
he could take someone out.  It's hard to keep 
those two serious (smile).


We also are full speed ahead on the adoption.  Our van sold, so we can get a bit farther, though it can't all go to the adoption (I wish).  My husband needs an older used car to drive and we have other expenses.  We state level authenticated our documents and tomorrow they go to the embassy...then to our agency for translation and sending to Timothy's country.

Yup, I got only two pictures from Authenticating at
the state capital too.  TWO...sigh....

I looked back in the car and Ben and Bekah were holding hands.

 This is what very tired kids (minus one heading to get the car with dad) look like that were up at 
4:30am to leave and drive five hours (with pit stops).

So, as this week progresses, we appreciate all prayers!

Deep breath....

Prayer Requests:*
*Please pray for Sarah and Ivan as they begin their lives together.  That they learn to grow together toward God and ALWAYS love God more than each other.
*Please pray we stand, reflect, and glorify God through our lives and this adoption process (first and foremost).
*Please pray for protection for our family and future children...that the master of lies may be bound and anything coming against us may be turned away.
*Please pray the adoption is fully funded.
*Please pray that we find our new normal (usually an after adoption prayer...lol).  We need to figure out what direction to go in several ways.  We need God's direction here.
*Please pray for Sarah's actual wedding (for Sarah and Ivan).  They are paying for much/most themselves and between that and a million details (though it's a small wedding) and things they are working though...prayers are appreciated.
*Please pray my mom gains strength and finds a new normal as well.  Also, please pray her kidney levels do go where they need to.

Many people are going through hard times right now.  Please email me if I can pray for you. everlasting_momentum (at)verizon.net


*Please pray for a friend of mine's daughter who has cancer.  She's going through treatment and it's really rough.  Her name is Alyssa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you wish to follow us on Facebook, where I post a little more often (smile)....

https://www.facebook.com/Everlasting.Momentum.Thomas.and.Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails