Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Treasure of Timothy~The Beginning (Part Three)

If you haven't read Part One and Two, you may want to start there.

Part One
Part Two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I broke into sobs, calling those who needed to know NOW.  Our healthy daughter (the grounded in reality one) was in an unknown state in an ambulance.

"Was she breathing? Did she have another seizure?"
All these things were running through my mind that day.

I called my friend Amber. She didn't know what had happened and asked me if she could call back before I spoke.  I yelled, "NO!"  I'm not a huge yeller.  I don't yell at friends.  She immediately knew something was horribly wrong.

I put my emergency lights on and probably shouldn't have been driving at that point. I called Sarah's work to get them to pray.  Thankfully she has the most awesome coworkers EVER.

As I drove to the ONE hospital I was not familiar with, I drove RIGHT past it, about five minutes past it (NO JOKE).  I had thought that my husband had said the corner of a different freeway.

I called my friend Michelle (who was my sanity on the way to the hospital that day).  She (while living in another state) got me to the hospital in one piece.

Side note:  Yes, I know I shouldn't have been on the phone, but this was one of those times where it was safer to have someone there, than not.

By the time I got to the hospital, Sarah's color was coming back. Now those that know our family may laugh.  We tend to be dayglow (turn off the lights and we glow in the dark).

Her laughter was back and so was her smile.  I felt like I took the first breath since I saw her seizing.  (This will be permanently etched in my mind.)



We spent hours in the ER with my husband, my mom, brother, and her boyfriend (now fiance) Ivan.

Unfortunately, the tests she needed were not run in this ER.  I was told this by several concerned doctors.  They ran blood, an EKG, and such.  No EEG or MRI were done.  A pat answer was given (and an IV with fluids) and once her blood pressure came up (it was extremely low), they sent her home and told her to see her doctor.

Her neurologist believes it was a seizure and is still (to this day) running tests.  He's not inordinately worried though.   He said many people have a seizure in their lives and never have one again.  The doctor is being VERY thorough in his testing.

Why do I write about Sarah's seizure in our journey to Timothy?  Because this was an epiphany moment for me.  Our son could have a seizure, rage with fever, have a nightmare....and no one would come.  He would learn NOT to cry, since he may get no response.  He may not be held, unless mandatory.  He was alone....and God told us he was our son.

The sense of immanence had come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adoption Prayer....
1. Please pray we bring glory to God through this journey.
2. Please continue to pray for protection over Timothy, our family, and anyone involved in this process (physical, emotional, and spiritual).
3. Please continue to pray that there are no hiccups. That paperwork and approvals fly quicker than imagined.
4. Please continue to pray for provision. We still have quite a ways to financially go.


(To be continued...again...)



2 comments:

  1. Scary times for a mama! My son had a similar one a few years ago, not fun!

    I am praying to adopt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, how scary.... Im so glad she is ok now.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails