Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Treasure of Timothy~The Beginning (Part One)

(Late last year)

In the wee hours of the morning, when my time with God is most treasured, I sat in prayer.

I saw a little boy in our arms and knew his name was Timothy. He was our son.  We stood on the top of a couple of long white cement steps, the nearest building was far away. I had absolute knowledge of who and where he was.  I knew he had lower leg deformity and he was young.

Was it a vision? I don't know.  I just know with total clarity what I saw and who this was...our son.

There was no immanence.  We thought it could be years.  We, very truthfully, thought it would be years.

It was not unusual that we were on the go with one event or another.  Our daughter was in a relationship we felt would move forward quickly.   The lack of immanence was strong at that point. So we focused on the words God had given me for this year, "Do what's in front of you."

Little did I realize just how hard that would be at times, but how VERY VERY important.

On February sixth, again at the break of day, I sat in conversation with God.  My heart was hearing Him so clearly that morning.   I admit, He was holding me accountable for an area I needed to see improvement in.  Then I heard it, almost audibly, "Go for your son."

I could've looked around, it was so clear.  It was like an explosion in my heart to hear our Heavenly Father with His Presence so real.

Yet I sat in shock.  It wasn't the joy I expected, but complete and total shock.  I texted my husband (who had already left for work).  I told him God had been speaking and we needed to have a conversation.

This was our surprise pregnancy.  I could not get my mind wrapped around it.  What happened to the years?!  "I had years" my mind said,   "I had years?"

When Thomas got home I didn't bring up things immediately.  I knew this news had to be given alone.

It was a long night. As I wearily climbed into bed the tears started.  It wasn't that there was no happiness, but my head couldn't grasp this.

My husband wrapped his arms around me....and I told him.  I just told him everything (like I always do).

What was his response?

Beauty...pure beauty...

(To Be Continued...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adoption Prayer....
1. Please pray we bring glory to God through this journey.
2. Please continue to pray for protection over Timothy, our family, and anyone involved in this process (physical, emotional, and spiritual).
3. Please continue to pray that there are no hiccups. That paperwork and approvals fly quicker than imagined.
4. Please continue to pray for provision. We still have quite a ways to financially go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails