Friday, April 10, 2015

The News (Part One)


He snuck into our life...a coworker of our oldest daughter.  Now just like our family has branches grafted in from all over the world, another branch will be added.


Our oldest daughter waited eighteen years to even consider dating.  It was just not worth throwing herself under "Temptation's Bus" unless it was really worth it.

After knowing each other several months, Sarah said "Yes" to dating with the intent of finding out if they were forever.  We call it dating with intent.  There are no definite.  There is no, "The first person I date I HAVE to marry."  Yet....

Several months after the initial "yes", she said "yes" again.

Our daughter is getting married.

(Chuckle)
We get "the question" weekly (if not daily).

"Are you happy about this?" we are asked tentatively.  After all, she's only eighteen.

I have to laugh.  I do.  If you knew Sarah you would too.


She's not naive or wishy-washy.  She's always been 16 going on 30.  She faces each major life choice with prayer first, before giving any answer.  She is gifted with spiritual maturity.

A matter a fact, she said "No" at first when asked out by Ivan.   (Truthfully, I firmly believe that this was for both of them to know in their hearts they were prepared to give each other up for God and His direction.)

Now, most importantly, Sarah and Ivan both were seeking God before dating and then before engagement.

We feel absolute peace.

In other words, YES WE ARE HAPPY!!!!

When our daughter is nineteen and Ivan is twenty-one they will become one.

What a beautiful gift from God!!!

Though slightly late in posting this, I have to celebrate with you all (my blog family).

Ivan, we will be honored to call you are son-in-law.  You are a man of God and your desire for Him is obvious.

Sarah, sweet Sarah, we are proud of your choice and thankful that Ivan loves God more than you...THAT is where our confidence begins.

7 comments:

  1. Eeekkkkkk!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocio Rios-RadabaughFriday, April 10, 2015

    I get the same question! If I’m ok that he is getting married. Many comments that Ivan is too young to get married, or that he is rushing, but I believe with all my heart that God has his hands all over this relationship. I believe in the power of prayer and I have been praying for my two sons wives and my daughter’s husband since Ivan was 7 years old. God is good and faithful to His children, and I give thanks to Him and all the glory for answering my prayers. Sarah loves the Lord and His ways, she is a godly woman that fears the Lord, she seeks God’s will over the approval of anyone else and that’s what Ivan needs. Sarah and Ivan’s plans to serve the Lord makes this relationship even stronger and I am bless to be part of this Story. I’m honor to welcome Sarah and her family to the Rios-Radabaugh Family. I love you son, continue to
    Honor God always 
    “You will experience all these blessings IF you obey the Lord your God: You will be blessed in your towns and in the country. You will be blessed with many children and productive fields. You will be blessed with fertile herds and flocks. You will be blessed with baskets overflowing with fruit, and with kneading bowls filled with bread. You will be blessed wherever you go, both in coming and in going. The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you… And the Lord will bless everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain.” Deuteronomy 28:2-8 (NLT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise The Lord for His leading and direction! God bless you, Sarah and Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations... How exciting!!

    And this is only part one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Kat! May God bless Sarah and Ivan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! (((BIG HUGS)))) We never know when the Lord will send us someone- for we are never too young or too old to do His Will! I was 19 and Tom was 21 1/2 when we got married. It will be 39 years in May. Today people say that is too young. But my humble opinion is that that that is a worldly view.
    Praying God bestows many wonderful Blessings on you both for your faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was 19 when I got married... By God's grace (only by God's grace) we have made it nearly 8 years!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails