Thursday, April 23, 2015

Go Ahead and Yell It!

I can hear it...the whisper.

"You're not good enough."

You've heard it to, haven't you?

"Really? You think God would talk to YOU?!!!"

You're not good enough.

"Look, nobody is really listening to you.  You're stupid.  Your idea was stupid."

You're not good enough.

"Don't share that! No one wants to hear your 'issues'."

You're not good enough.

"You snapped at the kids today...again.  Really?!!! What a child of God you are!!! You think God will claim you??"

You're not good enough.

"Look at your past.  Hasn't enough destruction been passed around?  Haven't you messed up enough?"

You're not good enough.

"You forgot an assignment at school...again?!  You are so stupid."

You're not good enough.

"You can't keep today together, what does that say about tomorrow?  You can't do this!!"

You're not good enough.

"It's all going to fall apart because YOU messed up."

You're not good enough.

"You cannot even wear clean clothes to an important interview because YOU forgot to wash them." (That one MAY be directed at me.)

You're not good enough

Oh dear friends, I am so sick of the lies being yelled (and whispered) in my (and your) ears.  They are all about distraction from truth.  They are all destructive (keeping the focus off where it should be) instead of reconstructive (click highlighted area for link).  They are all about stopping us from moving forward.

He's the master of lies.

"He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

The master of lies is good at this.  Ya, he's been around awhile.

It started in the Garden Eden.

You're not good enough.

What do you think was behind the desire to eat fruit that was forbidden?  My thought ( just my thought and NOT the Word of God) is a little of that.... a little of the familiar whispering MAY have been going on as well.

You're not good enough.

I continued with Cain and Abel...the first murder.

Can't you almost hear the whisper? Instead of allowing God's reconstruction... just maybe...

You're not good enough.

The whisper has been coming throughout the centuries and left havoc and destruction in it's wake.

I'm weary, tired, and a little battered....

BUT I'M ALSO TICKED OFF!!!

I'm tired of the lies! I'm so stinking sick of the manipulation!  I'm tired of him picking on my friends and those I love!

I. HAVE. HAD. IT.

I have decided to come here this morning to remind you where your identity is.

IT IS IN CHRIST!

He determines your value....not you...and NOT anyone else.

"Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16


God and ONLY God has that right.

You are good enough because GOD HAS MADE YOU GOOD ENOUGH.

You are good enough for God to offer you grace for your humanity.

 "This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24 

You are good enough for Him to send His Son for YOU.

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8

You are good enough for Him to use you...yes, even the weak things of the world at times.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

Your past does NOT define you.  You cannot change it.  He has made YOU good enough to stand up after you fall (with HIS help), brush yourself off....and say....

"You lose evil one!  You know it! Go away.  God wins!  He kicks your butt!  Get out of my head.  Get out of my life.  I AM MADE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR!  Failure does not define me, God does! YOU ARE THE FAILURE EVIL ONE!  YOU LOSE!"

(Yell it! Go ahead!)

Today (though not my usual suggestion), may I suggest that you get ticked off?!  Can I suggest that you get MAD when you hear that whisper?!  That you kick those lies to the curb?!

You are defined by our GOD!!! (Not by the Loser...with a capital "L".  I may not capitalize anything referring to satan because he gets NO respect here...but I will gladly capitalize that.)

May you remember today that GOD LOVES YOU.  GOD WINS.  He may share some hard stuff to reconstruct you, but it's only to create an amazing and stronger CHILD OF GOD.

"And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5:5


"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[b]
 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[c] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39



3 comments:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails