Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dwell

Dwell is such a peaceful word.  

Now "live" seems to require action or movement on my part.  In our little world, to "live" is busy...crazy fun busy....but busy.


Then you take the word "chill".  Chill seems to be imbibed with laziness, on a superficial level.  Don't get me wrong.  At times "chilling" is AWESOME! (I said "AWESOME" in my head in a sing song voice.  Just sayin'....)


"Dwell" on the other hand is just so peaceful to me.  It's breathing God and taking in His Works around us.  It's seeing Him in the joy, the silliness, and the trials.  It's feeling Him encompassing our lives.  It's seeing Him beyond the makeup (behaviors covering up the heart) to the depths.  It's just "dwelling".


This word came to me in the middle of the night....  


DWELL


...and this verse says it all.


"One thing I ask from the Lord,

    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4


Today I will "dwell in the house of the Lord"...

and yes, it is written on my arm. (Like you even had to ask?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails