Thursday, June 26, 2014

God Keeps His Promises


I'm getting old.  Normally, I mentally feel like I'm around 27 and trapped in a 42 year old body.  Not sure if that's a good thing (laughing).  Yesterday, though, I bent down looking for a bag and twisted ever so slightly at the same time....and TOTALLY wrenched my back.  Really?!!! I couldn't have a story about skydiving or rock climbing?  I'd even take a levitating goat about now.

Nope, I bent down and turned.  Pfffttt...

Sufficed to say, we postponed swim lessons until next week and I'm moving VERY slowly.

The kids actually slept in this morning until around 9:00, which is a miracle within itself (smile) and I enjoyed a little focus time this morning.

My husband and I even had a moment to read through our "Verses of the Day" together before his wee hour departure.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."  Hebrews 10:23

I don't know about you, but I am frightfully, frustratingly human at times.  I forget the promise truth(s) God shared with me.  I get so caught up in stuff.  Oh, and then the lovely fear that satan throws straight at your most vulnerable spots.

This verse feels like a fragrant oasis.

Repeat after me.  GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES. He is not subject to our weakness. He is ALWAYS faithful.  

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."  Hebrews 10:23


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails