Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"They ALLOW That?!!!!"

After home school yesterday...





I headed to the store. My cart has me feeling a little like a hippy (thanks M for sticking that word in my head...laughing). I can't seem to remember everything with this wild gluten free thinking (even with a list). Someday maybe I can obtain gluten free greatness!!!



Yet at least this was somewhat of a normal trip. You see, the grocery store is a notorious spot for odd incidents. We've had many... and very little surprises us.

Until the other day....

Actual conversation with an older woman at Wal-Mart (all kids with me)...
Woman: "You out with your whole school?"
Me: "Nope! (said with a smile) They are all mine!"
Woman: "How many kids do you have?"
Me: "Ten, one in Heaven..."
Woman: "They ALLOW that?!!"
Me: "Yes"
Woman: "No, they ALLOW that???" ( Like I must have misheard her)
Me: "Yes"
Woman: "The COURTS allow that?!!! Those two (pointing to a couple of the kids) are YOURS, right?!"
Me: "They're all mine. I'm very blessed."
Woman: "Well, uhhh" (Woman is irritated here because I won't answer her about which children are bio).

We left around that point, with a smile and Sarah's, "Have a nice day!"

I must admit, Sarah and I rounded the corner of the next aisle and started laughing. We looked at each other and mouthed, "Did she REALLY just say that?!!!"

Unfortunately, we've realized that some don't look in the beautiful liquid depths of our children's eyes. Some just see a number. It's their loss.

The whole time I just had shock running through my head (and laughter).

Life is always and adventure here.  A wonderful, blessed, and crazy fun adventure! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those in the blogging world who were asking if there is a way to contact me, I LOVE your notes and input.  They are such a blessing to us! You can contact me at Everlasting_Momentum (at) verizon (dot) net !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Please Continue to pray for the Ukraine.   Russia is halting it's activity by the border (for now).  *Please also continue to pray for our friend's daughter Alyssa who was diagnosed with cancer and it going through treatment.

"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."  Deuteronomy 6:6-7

1 comment:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails