Sunday, November 3, 2013

At the Door, Ready to Go

I sit here on the couch, in the dark, at a loss.  I have been for weeks (at a loss, that is).  I guess some would call it writers block.  I have trouble putting onto paper (or a blog) some of the ways my eyes are opening. 

I just feel very thoughtful right now.

Yet I know this is National Adoption Month.

I feel I should speak because I do "get it".

 I'm not sure what to say though.  What can I say that I haven't before?

You all know how I feel about adoption (See "Should Everyone Adopt?" ).

You know where my heart is.

When I read "Thirty" it brought me to a train of thought I'm still contemplating.

I texted it to myself so that I wouldn't forget...then knocked my phone into the toilet. (It wasn't a straight shot and slightly impressive.)

"Imagine you and your family are getting ready for a big event.  You tell each person to meet at the front door the second they are ready.  When it's time to go one person is missing...off playing.  You have to call them because they didn't listen the FIRST time."

I've been wondering if at times it's that way with God.  He commands us.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Matthew 28:19-20a

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27

Yet we don't listen the first time.  That is when He CALLS us.

I hear all the time,

"We are called." 

"We are not called." 

I've said these words.  I believe God does call us, but I wonder how many times God calls us because we don't listen in the first place....we don't meet Him at the door, ready to go.

It has me wondering...contemplating.

How many times do we tune out God's Commands? 

I picture Him at the door. 

He's waiting for us, His children, because He already told us what He wants us to do.

1 comment:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails