Thursday, August 8, 2013

They Are Just SO Cute! (Linked Post~"Stop Being So Nice to My Kid")

Donna and I have sat around talking about EXACTLY this.  You see...we have some cute kids...yes, I admit it.  It's more than this though.  We both have some kids that are special needs. 

*Please stop grabbing your sisters leg as she walks past*

I understand that because of the obstacles they have faced (and will face) in their young lives, people are hesitant to ask our children (within their developmental abilities) to follow the same standards as they may have their children follow.

*I've asked you not to do that.*

They are so cute that sometimes it may even be hard to believe that they MAY actually disobey.  They MAY actually take someone else's toy.  They MAY even tell a fib (SHOCK!).

(Yes, they ARE that cute.)

*PLEASE don't scream like that inside.*

Yet, my kids are kids.  I actually (oh no, here comes the honesty) have felt frustrated when after a long day of battle (this goes with any of our awesome ones), when someone says....

"THEY ARE JUST SO CUTE!"

Seems innocuous enough, doesn't it (laughing).  It's a time bomb!!!

Ok, I'm just joking, but the frustration is (just occasionally) reality. 

*STOP GRABBING YOUR SISTER'S LEG.*

So back to the subject at hand.  I read a blog today and felt like I was in in the back of a Church screaming "AMEN!"

I must share.  I must...I must...I must...

Spread this around friends.  It's the truth!

"Stop Being So Nice to My Kid"

AMEN!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, (shaking head sadly) an attachment post is STILL coming.  I'm procrastinating.

1 comment:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails