Thursday, August 1, 2013

Aye Aye Aye (Intermission 1 6/8)

Wow, it's been a rough day.  Last night wasn't the more restful with the air conditioner going out, so I woke up behind my game already.

What is my game?  It has to do with Velcro, Duct tape, and a little Gorilla Glue and is VERY entertaining (shrug...sleep deprivation again).

I started out the day knowing I had to clean.

Facebook Status: "Day of cleaning ahead....party for four smallest Saturday.  If you don't hear from me in the next week, call 911. It means the sock monster has finally ganged up with the dirty dishes and a new life form has probably taken me out (much bloodshed)."

It spiraled down from there.

It's not that I don't like cleaning.  I know that sounds crazy, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment. 

But it's not like I like folding laundry, doing dishes, or cleaning the toilet....now that's just crazy talk!

Though we started out the day on a bright note....

Six weeks ago Ben couldn't mimic any building activity.  It's just didn't click with him.  Today he built a tower of three blocks with his sibling's examples and encouragement.  For him this is huge...it shows growth.



We did a little happy dance around here.

It got rough though.  One of our blessings broke some trust...and Ben was manic almost all day.  Today we saw behavior we haven't since the "U".  No, aggression didn't come back, but the manic laughter...craziness, and spitting did.  This is ALL centered around his dental appointment last Monday.  We lost so much of his trust that day.  We let them do that to him...at least that is what all he knows is telling him.  Trust will come back with time, but with another dental appointment tomorrow....aye aye aye. Meanwhile I had to do the first "holding time" in weeks.

So what does my blood pressure do?  Go through the roof of course, because though I wasn't thinking of the drug withdrawal in the "U", my body immediately went on full hyper vigilance mode.  Ya, lovely.

Then I gave Ben a haircut (it was getting too long for this heat)...poor kid.  Don't judge me when you see the cut...just don't.

So, though I cleaned, I finally just had to sit and try to get my blood pressure under control.  I'm not sure sitting and thinking of all I have to do on Saturday is really a good thing.

 Ok, I'll just think about what I need to do tomorrow...wait...

Don't I need to go on a big grocery store trip, Party City (getting the younger ones each a set of dress up clothes for their birthday), take Sarah to her Orthodontist appointment, bake four small cakes, and go to Ben's dental appointment???

Ok, I won't think about tomorrow.

I will think about my feet, which I won't be able to see soon if I keep on stress eating....sigh.

Nevermind....

So that was the accumulation of my day...yup yup yup....

I got nothing...night y'all!

 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Personal Prayer Requests

Immediate: Please pray we are able to get Ben's teeth fixed and heart echo QUICKLY and that the results are good.

Ben~At Home: That he continues to seek love, attaches, and finds a healthy stranger anxiety.  That he learns to stop aggression to himself and others.  That he learns the value of listening to mommy and daddy.   Finally, that he learns to play with toys (imaginative play) and be a child that he has never had a chance to be.
 
Me: For healing emotionally and for health (I'm struggling with stress related things due to the situation in the "U")...for patience and that I am not easily angered or critical (feeling a little grumpy...blick).

The Family: Please pray for each child's emotional, physical, and spiritual health AND PROTECTION.  That Thomas feels rested and for his professional life (blessing).    Please continue to pray for a vehicle (or a way for a vehicle) to present itself (see previous post about the unnamed prayer request) and finances.  Our house needs to be fixed (foundation and roof) and we hope someday to expand (possibly convert the garage) in order to have the room if God calls us again.   Please also pray we find a new and hopeful "normal".

Prayers for Others
Please forgive us if your prayer request is not listed.  We may not be sure if you wish us to share it.  Please shoot us an email and let us know!

*Please pray for a precious friend of mine.  Their newest blessing just had a EKG and Echo and it didn't turn out good.  This is all I am able to share right now, but please petition God on their behalf.  He knows who they are. 

*Please pray for Selah, who had a very serious stroller accident.  Please join us in storming Heaven for a miracle of complete healing.  Please also pray for peace that passes understanding for her family.

*Please pray for Tommy, a tiny 15 year old from Eastern Europe.  He is very special needs and has only recently come home. 

*Please pray for Eden, a little blessing from Ethiopia, who has a life threatening disorder.
 
*Please pray for Henry, Teresa, Joey, and Rex's families as these precious ones went to be with Jesus this year. 

*Please continue to pray for Ruby, Jeremiah, Katie, Carrington, Selah, Daniel, and Wes.  These little ones came into their families with health difficulties (this is an understatement).  A few were caused by severe situations of neglect or malnourishment (or both). 

*Please pray for our friends the “K” family who is struggling with attachment and other situations.


*Please pray for my friend Jodi (and family) as they have grown by two precious boys recently.  Please pray for their health and for heath situations with all their blessings.

*Please pray for Eliz and her family as they transition with their many new blessings.  Also for her grown children and their healing as well.
 
*Please pray for Gena (and family) and their teen son. Please pray for him to come to know CHRIST.

*Please pray for the "S", "P", and "D" family.  Members of their families are fighting for their lives against drug addiction.

*Please pray for young Emma as she has recently moved to Uganda to minister to those beloved children of God and now has a precious son through the blessing of adoption.


*Please pray for Molly and her family as they seek a precious one from the "U".  Please pray for the process to be smooth.  Please pray for their son, their family, and the finances as they continue.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a way to view your blog without the background? I really like the background, bit it makes it difficult for me to read. Thank you so very much. Praying for your family on your journey! God bless.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails