Friday, July 5, 2013

The Fourth of July....and the Plot Was Soiled

Yes, I did say "soiled".  Yup...

We started out our fourth of July the usual way....hair.  Doesn't everyone?  I always promise myself I will do it the day before, but something always comes up.  You know? Like life.

Many beads, and yes...nails...happen on the fourth.  Believe me, it's very patriotic.  Okay, so it kicks my rear every fourth, but the kids LOVE it!
 
Look at Jael's painted prosthetic toes! 


We stayed a little more cloistered today then normal.  We think there may be a virus running around our family and, though we usually spend the day with my mom and brother, today we are little leery of spreading things around.

We had a small immediate family BBQ.  We couldn't really diss all the traditions.

We also, of course, might have taken a FEW pictures.



 
 Our Girls

 
Our Boys

 
Our "other" twins (Max is ten and Ben is within weeks of being ten.)

Our Triplets

Our oldest~Tom/18
 
Sarah~16
 
 
Anna~12
 
'
 
Max~10 
 
 
 Like anyone doesn't know who this little man is! Ben~9 years 11 1/2 months
 
Bekah~7


Jael~5
 
Gabe~3


Rachel~3







 
Soon after we headed out to see the local fireworks.  It MAY not have worked out the way we had planned.  Jael MAY have eaten too much. 

"Mommy, I don't feel so good." 

Just in case you didn't know, that's never a good phrase to hear from the back of the car.

Thankfully a bag was passed quickly back and disaster was minimal.

Lesson learned...watch how much little miss is eating...in the car.

As we pulled up and found a parking spot, I dug through my minimally packed backpack to see if I had pull ups to put my DAYTIME potty trained toddlers in.  I figured it'd be late when we got home so we might as well put them in them now. 

I had exactly enough, passed them around, and started assembly line changing throughout the car.  Unfortunately, one little didn't share they had already had an accident...a messy one. 

Not to get into too much detail, but we ended up needing to go home and (through much laughter...no joke) four of us were covered with things....best left unsaid.  Shoes, carseat, hands, clothes.....

We made it home for root beer floats and scrubbing scrubbing scrubbing.....

Fireworks was a bust...the plot was soiled. 

See? Get it?

Ya, I'm tired again...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, AWESOME pictures!! B-E-A-utiful family!!! Precious, precious, precious. What an amazing picture of love without boundaries, an amazing picture of God's great love for us. You have one of THE most BEAUTIFUL families I have EVER seen!!! Much Love, keep on doing a fantastic job!!!
    -Beka =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! LOVE !!! LOVE!!!! Jael's toes look beautiful!!!! <3 and ohhhh - how I understand your situation! <3 y'all hope y'all get feeling better soon! We have had a nasty virus thing going around our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, heh, heh--sounds about right!!! Love the beads and toenails though--you had more energy than I did. I *thought* about painting toenails--does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your family. Ben looks so much better. I am sure his adjustment will be a long journey but he appears to be moving along. Your children are all so beautiful. Your spirit is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Pam Clark
    Tallahassee

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails