Monday, June 17, 2013

Together

I need to keep this short, for now (smile).  I am exhausted and weary, but filled with joy.  Our son is home. 

I'm sorry I didn't post earlier, but truthfully am in survival mode.  It's the place of total exhaustion and processing....not bad, just reality.  I haven't even been able to keep up with email, but promise to catch up soon.

Ben is doing beyond wonderful.  His aggression, at this point, has gone down by 90% .  I keep on having this one phrase run through my mind.  One of the things that was said to me that rang with spiritual truth. 
"Ben was meant for blessing."

It's true.  We have a long medical road ahead...but truly, love does conquers all things.  Love motivates us to do whatever is necessary to help our son. 

I will be writing about the days I hadn't previously...including the trip and home coming.  I will...but it will have to wait until I am coherent again.  I guess you could say we are circling our wagons.

Below we've placed prayer requests and needs....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRAYERS
*That our children's hospital that we LOVE accepts us as a patient and that we are able to take care of Benjamin's teeth through them.  That the doctor we plan to take Ben to sets an appointment quickly. 
*That we are rested and find our normal rhythm.
*That Ben continues to heal, adjust, and find peace beyond what we could ever hope for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who have asked what they can do...we are needing to focus our time primarily on Ben, the children, and recovery.  The children have stepped up beyond what we could have asked, but after four weeks we have all crashed into a giant pile of mush.  Our needs?

*Meals or just groceries...
*Rides for kids or time away to play occasionally
*Prayers, prayers, and more prayers

We ask for understanding as we don't ask everyone in.  We WANT to (BELIEVE me), but are trying not to overwhelm Benjamin and foster the attachment process (also of which I will be posting on later).  Ben IS doing so wonderful and loving all the attention from the kids.  We need to see you all and just give you a giant hug!  The support is beyond appreciated.

For those that have asked what items we want/need for Ben.  Some were wishes initially and now we believe they will be needs, some sensory, some items that will help him to SEE himself, his faces, and his reactions.
*4T shorts and pants for Ben (he was smaller than we thought) and a few 5T shirts.
*Safety Wall Mirror-2'x2'
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/product/productDet.jsp?productItemID=1%2C689%2C949%2C371%2C895%2C902&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181113&bmUID=1371488004922
*Blue IKEA Swivel Chair~The cover gives him a place to hide and the spinning adds a sensory input.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40100253/
*Sand and Water Table
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3927524
*We appreciate any sensory toys as well.  Ben is an awesome sensory seeker.



4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I've been eagerly waiting for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I'm just so glad you're all home together. We are still praying for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I needed to hear was you were home!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are doing well! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails