Wednesday, April 24, 2013

We Have Met Benjamin!!

  (Sarah again with another update from my parents)

"We have met Benjamin. He's about the size of a 4 year old (though almost ten) and is as solid as a rock. He's walking, though not always super stable. We have pictures, but....no internet.

He loved looking in the mirror we brought. Thank you Melanie for the idea! He did figure it was a frisbee (kinda) after awhile (can you see an athlete here?). He sat on my lap and kept on coming back AND he's ticklish.

When we told him no pinching, he listened and waved when we waved. He seems at least somewhat attached to his nanny, but we realize those that work here (no matter the interaction) may be his 'safe place'. You can see his mind working. He's smart.

His teeth, well....sigh....his teeth are all rotten. Poor sweet boy....BUT he ate up the attention and only 'stimmed' a little.

 As soon as we get internet, I'll post so much more. This is a text sent to my family. I'm already typing up a blog post. Hugs and thanks for the prayers."

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this! I'm so excited to see pictures when they come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kat and Thomas! I am so glad for this good news! What a happy day for y'all, for your family, and whether he knows it yet or not, for Benjamin Alexei Jonathan! Praising God for this beautiful beginning for another member of the crazy Marr family. :) (((Hugs))), tears, and more prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you so, so much for choosing dear little Sasha. Right now, I am only 19 and in college, but when I am out of school I plan to begin the journey to adopt a little treasure, or two or three, with down syndrome. Until then, I pray for the sweet little ones on Reece's Rainbow. Every day, I prayed for your son, and looked at his sweet face on my computer. When one day he was no longer there, my heart sank. I checked the newest commitments sections, but in my heart I knew. I check the memorial section, and there was his picture. I used to imagine, wishing and wishing it could be true, that i was older and that he was my baby, my son, that I would rescue and heal and love so much. I did love your son so much even from this great distance. So I just wanted to say, thank you for choosing him, and for choosing Ben, who I've also watched and prayed for for three years now. It is so wonderful to know someone thought of him, was going to try to save him. It is such a comfort to me to know that.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails