Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Paper Referral and "Propping Up"

I'm ready for jet lag to be over.  It didn't hit me this bad in China, but my thought is that our journey to this point kinda took a little of the spunk out of us.  We have plenty left, but for now it's sleepy spunk (smile).

Last night was fairly disrupted.  Our bodies kept on calling us lazy and telling us it was only six at night instead of two in the morning.  Ya, they're on time out.

I dragged myself out of bed (after a night of restlessness) at about 9:30am.  I woke up Thomas close to 11:00am.  I bet you'll never guess where we went first.

To hang out with my new best friend....coffee.

We were able to meet the other family here, Michelle and Michael.  They're neat people.  Please continue to keep them in your prayers.  Prayers for direction, clarity, and discernment for them would be very much appreciated.

At the coffee shop I regretted not getting one single picture.  Especially of the sign that shows no smoking or marijuana.  Yup...that's what it said (believe me, I double checked).

It was nice to be out and walking around.  Our time here in the capital is limited, so we stopped and used a little of our family's money (that we had set aside) to purchase a small gift for each child and family watching the kids.  I did make one purchase for myself.  It was a matryoshka...the smallest of the nesting dolls was...a dove .

Side Note: Max, they had AWESOME chess sets.  You already have a cool one, but every time I saw one I thought "MAX!"


As we finished most of our shopping, we decided to sit down at a local all natural restaurant.  The seating was outside and the waitress did speak English (the menu was in both languages as well).  Though I LOVE the culture, it is a comfort to hear English occasionally.  The menu had some wonderful choices...

Thomas' beef and my borscht

....and its own special flavors. (I can't help it, I need to share...giggle...yes, I'm 13.)



My kids say when I'm tired I have no filter.  Ya, I'm gonna regret that tomorrow.

The best part of the day was receiving our written referral for Benjamin.  We have it in our hands.  We leave for the village tomorrow at 7:30am.  Actually, first we get some things copied and notarized (hard to do in the village) and then we head out.  The director is not in the village, but we hope to meet with her tomorrow late afternoon and then meet Ben.  We really do look forward to meeting her.  (The thought makes me smile.)

After receiving the referral we did a little walking tour with Eugene.  Seeing the beautiful sites, learning such history, and taking tram back up the hill.  (My feet are a little relieved.)

Cathedral we visited (above and below)


Our guide explaining away our ignorance

Domino's Pizza, very historical

I wasn't mad.  I was thinking my husband is crazy.  (I KNOW HE IS.)

My foot relief...the tram (above and below)


 
I'm ending the day, feeling a little numb.  I can't decide if it's the jet lag or just the unreality of it all.  Nothing feels quite real. 

Though I have prayer requests AND I have faith that God will answer, I just have no feeling about what the answer will be.  The only way I can describe it is NUMB.  I don't mean that I'm in a totally negative place, but kind of a totally clueless place.  (My friends would chuckle and joke that it's not totally unusual for me.)  Truthfully, that's why I think we need you all even more.  We need alertness and strength that only God can give.  We need "propping up" in prayer. 

Physically, we are tired...downright sleepy.  Our bodies are fighting this time change tooth and nail.  This makes clarity equally hard.  I think there is also a part of me that realizes NONE of this is in our hands.  It is in God's.  We appreciate the "propping up" guys.  I can't tell you just how much.

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  Matthew 17:20b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends, we don't usually pray for the unexpected, but we are asking you to pray now.  We need Benjamin home.  PLEASE pray that things are MIRACULOUSLY quick.  That all government paperwork that we need to proceed goes the speed of light.  That everyone involved is willing and WANTS TO (for whatever reason) work (even a couple days) when vacation starts.  PLEASE beg and petition God to move this government.  We ask ONLY if this is within God's will, but know He listens to our prayers and petitions.  We ask this from the bottom of our hearts. 

Prayer Requests

*Please pray that we have a safe trip tomorrow and that, if it's God's will, we are able to meet Ben tomorrow.

*Please pray that God sustains Benjamin.  Please pray that He prepares his heart and Ben dreams of us...knowing us...in ways that wouldn't make sense to the world.  Please pray he attaches and learns to love (and learns what family is) quicker than we can fathom.  Please also pray that God calms him.  This will be scary for him and we pray that God calms his spirit.

*PLEASE pray that satan's hands are tied.  He does not want us (or anyone) to enter that village. 

*Please pray that the village gates are “figuratively” thrown down and God’s love floods the streets.
*Please pray our children at home are safe...physically/emotionally/and spiritually.  Attacks on the kids happened last time we were gone on the trip to bring Jael home.  PLEASE cover them. 
 
*Please pray for my husband and I, for our SAFETY and that we remain WELL.  We are going somewhere VERY rural with no one that speaks English most of the time. 
 
*Please pray for my mom, brother, and friend as they care for our children (safety, smoothness, etc.)

*NEW~ Please pray that we are able to complete the adoption in only two trips.  Please pray that both trips have a speed that can only be explained as a blessing of God.

*That ALL paperwork needed is sped (by God's Will) in country (with NO hiccups).

*Please pray that we are able to get court QUICKER THAN EVER IMAGINED on trip one.  Please pray that court goes EXTREMELY easy and quick.  It doesn't always.
*Please pray for comfort as we continue to mourn Jonathan.
 
*Please pray for us to have a connection with the head of the institution.  Our feelings are raw, but we know that they have limited resources and we pray we can make a difference in the lives of these boys.  God has given us a love for the head of the institution and the caregivers.  Also, please pray for our connection to those in the village.
 
*Please pray the trip  itself is smooth.  There are NO issues.  That every blip, every hiccup...is ironed out before us.

*Please pray that our lines of communication with our children are successful (Skype, Magic Jack, international texting).  We will be in a very rural region.
*PLEASE PRAY GOD'S WILL IS DONE*


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the update. I am so excited for you, and eager to hear about each step you take towards Ben's rescue!
    I am praying for a miracle of speed in this adoption. Remember that God knows, that He loves Ben more than we can ever know, and that He will do what is best.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails