Saturday, April 13, 2013

Leavin' On a Jet Plane!


Ya, I'm singing it, not a big surprise.

Our first trip (of two) to Eastern Europe has now started counting down.  Tickets have been purchased. On day zero you will find us on a plane, my husband probably taking Dramamine, and me reading a sequel I've been anticipating. Joel Rosenberg makes me happy.  Characters that love God...and things explode (I know I'm messed up.  Leave me alone.)

I'm finding a few extra things (my nose is growing...ok, a lot of extra things) that will help with the kids while we are gone.  This extra week, though not really looked for or planned, does bring blessing.   GOD'S TIMING IS PERFECT.

I'm more relaxed.  I get more time with the kids.  Those two things alone leave me with a deep sigh.

On tap today?
Pick up prom dress (being altered to add a little more modesty)
Go to Super Wal-Mart (groceries and some trip stuff)
Clean, as a local Church is helping us out on their "service day" tomorrow. 

Seven full days until we leave....SEVEN.  Seven full days until my brother moves in with the kids.  Saturday the 20th, here we come!!!! 

Then we get to the good countdown....meeting Ben.

We appreciate ALL prayers!!!! Detailed Prayer Requests are Below. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"About Benjamin He said:


'Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him,
 for He shields him all day long,
and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.'

Deuteronomy 33:12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRAYER REQUESTS:

*Please pray that God sustains Benjamin.  Please pray that He prepares his heart and Ben dreams of us...knowing us...in ways that wouldn't make sense to the world.  Please pray he attaches and learns to love (and learns what family is) quicker than we can fathom.

*PLEASE pray that satan's hands are tied.  He does not want us (or anyone) to enter that village. 

*Please pray that the village gates are “figuratively” thrown down and God’s love floods the streets.
 
*Please pray our children at home are safe...physically/emotionally/and spiritually.  Attacks on the kids happened last time we were gone on the trip to bring Jael home.  PLEASE cover them. 
 
*Please pray for my husband and I, for our SAFETY and that we remain WELL.  We are going somewhere VERY rural with no one that speaks English most of the time. 
 
*Please pray for my mom, brother, and friend as they care for our children (safety, smoothness, etc.)

*NEW~ Please pray that we are able to complete the adoption in only two trips.  Please pray that both trips have a speed that can only be explained as a blessing of God.

*That ALL paperwork needed is sped (by God's Will) in country (with NO hiccups).

*Please pray that we are able to get court QUICKER THAN EVER IMAGINED on trip one.  Please pray that court goes EXTREMELY easy and quick.  It doesn't always.

*Please pray for comfort as we continue to mourn Jonathan.
 
*Please pray for us to have a connection with the head of the institution.  Our feelings are raw, but we know that they have limited resources and we pray we can make a difference in the lives of these boys.  God has given us a love for the head of the institution and the caregivers.  Also, please pray for our connection to those in the village.

*Please pray the trip  itself is smooth.  There are NO issues.  That every blip, every hiccup...is ironed out before us.
 
*PLEASE PRAY GOD'S WILL IS DONE*

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, and for Ben! He has no idea how he is going to be blessed!
    Thank you for counting the blessings in God's perfect timing. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Awesome! Fantastic! God is good! I knew you'd take the 22nd if you had to. I just knew it! :o) I've been praying for you all and will continue to pray! God has GOT this!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails