Monday, April 1, 2013

I Didn't Expect...

 
I didn't expect it at Bible Bowl.
 
What I expected was my kids to ROCK!

I expected more crazy faces from our Sarah (16).  This was the most normal I was able to capture.  GOOF!

I expected Anna (12) to continue fever free.  She had a fever again Saturday.  She's pretty worn out in this picture, but was determined to go.

I expected Max (10) to enjoy Bible Bowl, but his awesome joy with each right answer was SO cute!

I expected Gabe (3) to be FULL of energy, though was surprised when he unplugged the speaker's microphone as Bible Bowl started.  He takes everything apart.  Ummm....

I expected Bekah (7) to be helpful and adorable.  No surprises (smile).

I expected the girls to enjoy coloring.  We camped out along the wall so they had plenty of room to move quietly during the 2 1/2 hour Bible Quiz.
 
What I didn't expect was for a friend from Church to bring tears.  I hadn't seen her since Jonathan had passed way.   She understands and gets our pain.  I'm okay with a hug (love 'em) and I'm okay with sympathy, but put them together...and add tears in their eyes...it's a guaranteed ride on the tear express train of Kat. 
 
I have to say, I am so thankful to my friend.  Celia, you helped me to feel not so alone in our mourning.  Thank you.
 

2 comments:

  1. Kat, for some reason this is the firs time I've been able to post for a long time. Couldn't get it to work. Just want you to know, prayers are with you during your pain, smiles during your good times and laughter during the funnies you post!! love you and your family dearly!!! judyrejonis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, it wasn't Toby Mac? ;) I'm thankful for your friend who took some of the pain from your shoulders, if for a little bit. Thankful for a sister who knows what you're going through and you don't have to explain anything. Such gifts from God.

    Love seeing your children all doing what they were "expected" to do. Especially Gabe, the Soundman! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails