Sunday, April 21, 2013

Here, Here, Here (Did I mention we are here?)

The flight to Munich, was...ummm....interesting (laughing).  Thomas and I had the two middle seats of four.  On  either side of us were VERY nice VERY big guys.  NICE guys that take up a seat and a forth on a VERY warm plane.  Guys that liked to drink a little.  Ok, guys that liked to drink A LOT. 

The man next to me was really nice, and as he drank more he got more relaxed.  I think I either made a new friend or got a date ;-).  (LITERALLY ROLLING LAUGHING)

Thomas slept off and on.  I slept NONE.  No joke, eight (my time) overnight hours and I couldn't sleep because it was too warm and we were like little fishies crammed in a can...a very friendly can.

Side Note: Sarah, I got to watch "The Hobbit" again on our long flight....on our touch screen individual televisions.   No joke, touch screen.

The next flight though?  I was INSTANTLY asleep.  When we woke up we knew the next time we landed would be in  our Eastern European nation. 

It was like a jelly fish tickling my stomach and heart....giggle, shock, giggle.  All this coinciding with mini waves of sadness, know Jonathan will not be coming home.  I will not be holding him in my arms.  The selfish part of me wishes that both boys would be coming home next trip.  I would never REALLY wish Jonathan back form Jesus, but my arms still long for him....and now Benjamin as well.

Farm land was everywhere as we peeked out the plane windows.  It seemed to go on for ages.  The airport came into view, a mix of modern and peeling paint.  Big picture, it seemed very functional (that is the word that comes to mind) and reminded me a lot of another Eastern European nation.

As we landed in our tiny Lufthansa plane, those aboard broke into applause.  It felt good.  It was only 18 1/2 hours from leaving our house until landing (16 1/2 from entering the first flight), but we were SO ready to stand up and get moving.

After passing through passport control and trying to guess which line to get in...

 Side Note: The woman from the United Nations was doing the same behind us.  Did you know they have a United Nations passport?

...we found BOTH of our bags made the trip...through our short domestic flight, our long Lufthansa flight, our itty bitty layover, and then Lufthansa again.  Our bags made it.  I seriously praised God.  It IS a little thing in the big picture, but one that makes things a lot easier.

As we exited baggage claim, Nico (our driver) was waiting outside with a sign.  He reminded me a lot of our driver in Max's adoption journey (Serge)....a really nice guy.  He handed us a local cell phone and brought us first to the grocery store so we could stock our mini apartment (pics coming tomorrow), then to our apartment.  Again, I'll save the apartment description for another day.  Don't worry, it's all good.

As we drove here we saw building falling down, roofs caved it, peeling paint....and TGI Friday's, Domino's Pizza, and high end apartments. Two minutes down the road is all it took to get to one from one to the other.  Such a vision between the have's and the have nots.  There is so much more I want to share, but exhaustion is setting in.

We're here though....exhausted and here.  Our phone is charging, Thomas is dozing on the couch, and we are waiting to Skype with the kids. 

Tomorrow is our appointment date (and another family's date).  It's the date that we will request to seek Benjamin and sign the papers to that effect.  Please pray that everything going seamlessly and without a hitch for both families....TOMORROW!!!!

I'm fading fast. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Post Script: No pictures this time.  I had been taking pictures with my camera and just realized that I can't email them to my mom without turning on roaming. Tomorrow I will use a regular camera so that I can download whatever I take.  I'll add pictures to this post when I get home.

"About Benjamin He said:

'Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him,
 for He shields him all day long,
and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.'

Deuteronomy 33:12


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the next 24-48 hours...

Please be praying protection (physical, spiritual, AND emotional) for our children and family here and for Thomas, Benjamin, and  I in Eastern Europe.
Please pray that tomorrow goes wonderfully with no hitch and we glorify God through all of it!

Please also pray we are able to keep all lines of communication open with our children  the whole time we are gone (Skype, Magic Jack, and international texting).  THANK YOU!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE PRAY FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES IN BOSTON SUFFERING RIGHT NOW.  PLEASE PRAY FOR COMFORT AND HEALING.

PLEASE ALSO PRAY FOR THOSE IN WEST TEXAS SUFFERING... A FERTILIZER PLANT EXPLODED THIS MORNING (5-15 expected killed, 160 injured).

ALL PRAYER REQUESTS:

*Please pray that God sustains Benjamin.  Please pray that He prepares his heart and Ben dreams of us...knowing us...in ways that wouldn't make sense to the world.  Please pray he attaches and learns to love (and learns what family is) quicker than we can fathom.
*PLEASE pray that satan's hands are tied.  He does not want us (or anyone) to enter that village. 

*Please pray that the village gates are “figuratively” thrown down and God’s love floods the streets.

*Please pray our children at home are safe...physically/emotionally/and spiritually.  Attacks on the kids happened last time we were gone on the trip to bring Jael home.  PLEASE cover them. 

*Please pray for my husband and I, for our SAFETY and that we remain WELL.  We are going somewhere VERY rural with no one that speaks English most of the time. 

*Please pray for my mom, brother, and friend as they care for our children (safety, smoothness, etc.)

*NEW~ Please pray that we are able to complete the adoption in only two trips.  Please pray that both trips have a speed that can only be explained as a blessing of God.

*That ALL paperwork needed is sped (by God's Will) in country (with NO hiccups).

*Please pray that we are able to get court QUICKER THAN EVER IMAGINED on trip one.  Please pray that court goes EXTREMELY easy and quick.  It doesn't always.

*Please pray for comfort as we continue to mourn Jonathan.
 
*Please pray for us to have a connection with the head of the institution.  Our feelings are raw, but we know that they have limited resources and we pray we can make a difference in the lives of these boys.  God has given us a love for the head of the institution and the caregivers.  Also, please pray for our connection to those in the village.

*Please pray the trip  itself is smooth.  There are NO issues.  That every blip, every hiccup...is ironed out before us.

*Please pray that our lines of communication with our children are successful (Skype, Magic Jack, international texting).  We will be in a very rural region.
*PLEASE PRAY GOD'S WILL IS DONE*

6 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! PRAYING!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad you made it!!!! Praying and thinking of y'all constantly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled to read that you (and your luggage) are safely there! Praise the Lord! -Eager to read what else He is going to do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pulled up your blog on my antiquated landline for internet JUST to check up on you. So glad to read you've made it safely and are still in good humor. ;) Praying for the rest of this trip. BTW, this morning's sermon reminded me of y'all. It was about living so others will see that God lives in us. I could only think about where y'all are and where you are fixing (yep, a Texas verb)to be. God be with you and the kids back home. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew and I are excited to find out that you have left! Andrew has a prayer for you:

    O GOD, the refuge and strength of all who put their trust in thee: Unto thy gracious care and keeping we commit thy servants Thomas and Kat, now going forth from us. Give them courage, prudence, and self-control; raise up for them good friends; preserve them from loneliness; keep them, we beseech thee, under the protection of thy good providence, and make them have a perpetual fear and love of thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

    Andrew is a young man that we do respite care for who has Patau's syndrome. He has been a huge supporter of RR and is a big advocate for Hanson and the Lost boys in general.

    He asked me to type this message for him: Hello, I am Andrew. Have a good trip. I will pray for everyday. My dad too pray for you. I think that place is bad, but you will be okay. I would be there if I lived in Ukraine, that is bad. Say hi to Alexei for me. say hi to lost boys. bye bye.

    God Blessings go with you and keep you and yours safe and protected!

    (Please do not publish)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails