Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Watched Pot Never Boils

The morning is overcast.  Rain is sprinkled over the windows.  It's not a morning I want to be motivated, but our list is long.

The kids are all awake and I told them at 10:00 we start on today's list.

Today we clean.

Every day has its "job" until we reach the weekend.  Knowing we could "possibly" leave on Saturday...well, we don't know what to plan for.

It's in God's Hands.  We are at peace with whatever God lays before us when it comes to travel, though we petition and pray that it is within God's will for us to travel quickly.

In my spirit I believe God has accelerated our adoption for a reason.  God's mind and HIS perfect timing is beautiful though.  There will not be sadness here no matter what His will is.

Yet...I'M GOING INSANE NOT KNOWING (laughing).

Ok, that God has me as an adoptive mama makes me smile.  I have to learn patience over and over again.  Adoption has more hurry up and wait than any other circumstance I can think of right now.  Of course, I'm sleep deprived so that may not say much.

If my email could get offended at me stalking it, I'd have a warrant out for my cyber arrest.

If my phone could get "all touched out" while I check for emails and missed phone calls, it would flail and scream at me every time I touched it.  Ya, that might be a little cool until you get poked in the eye (believe me, I know).

"The watched pot never boils."

Shoot, I'll never travel then.

How many times have I checked email since I started writing this...twice. 

So I'll use all this nervous energy and clean.

Please continue to pray that IF it's God's will we will get an early travel date (April 15th-17th).  I'm not "worried" about the date.  I'm just insane (a little more than usual) as we wait in limbo (smile).

"About Benjamin He said:

'Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him,
 for He shields him all day long,
and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.'

Deuteronomy 33:12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please friends, we ask for your continued prayers for an EARLY appointment date in country (April 15th-17th).  We were informed that they expected a April 22nd date.  We'll have to delay if that is so (due to holidays in this European Nation).  We lost our precious Jonathan, and we need to get to Ben (in this same institution).  Another family (Lynn and Michael) are also in the wait with us and need this date.  Could you please pray for an early date and that it's God's will?  We want God's will ABOVE anything else (and to glorify Him).  HE is the reason we are on this journey.  HE is giving us another gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer Requests:

*NEW~ Please pray that we get court QUICKLY, before the the May holidays in country. That it goes smoothly, easily, and without issue.

*That ALL paperwork needed is sped (by God's Will) in country.
*Please pray that God sustains Benjamin.  Please pray that He prepares his heart and Ben dreams of us...knowing us...in ways that wouldn't make sense to the world.  Please pray he attaches and learns to love quicker than we can fathom.
 
*Please pray for comfort as we continue to mourn Jonathan.

*PLEASE pray that satan's hands are tied.  He does not want us (or anyone) to enter that village. 

*Please pray that the village gates are “figuratively” thrown down and God’s love floods the streets.

Travel Prayer Requests

*Please pray for us to have a connection with the head of the institution.  Our feelings are raw, but we know that they have limited resources and we pray we can make a difference in the lives of these boys.  God has given us a love for the head of the institution and the caregivers.

*Please pray our children here in the U.S. are protected and safe.  Please pray a wall (cement, barbed wire, electric...smile) of protection around them especially while we are apart.  Please pray for my brother and mom as they care for the kids.

*Please pray the trip is smooth.  There are NO issues.  That we are physically SAFE and WELL.  That every blip, every hiccup...is ironed out before us.

*Please pray BOTH trips are quicker than we fathom...a quickness only God can give.

*PLEASE PRAY GOD'S WILL IS DONE*


1 comment:

  1. I don't know where in EE you are adopting from; our country is a two trip country. Is this a visiting trip that you are waiting on, or a gotcha trip?

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails