Thursday, March 14, 2013

Raw and Praying


I woke up this morning thinking, "Our son is gone."  I didn't sleep much, maybe four hours.  I couldn't stop shivering.  This is hard.  This is painful.  Thomas and I look at each other this morning and we just don't know what to do with ourselves.  Our lives have shifted. 

Our hearts feel a little like someone took a potato peeler to them...raw.  Yes, that's gross...but the best way I could think of to describe this feeling. 

Our God remains on HIS throne.  He is amazing, stunning, and awe inspiring.  We are thankful that HE does know best, and He is holding us right now.  We have prayed that God just uses us.  His ways are not our ways.  They are so much better because HE sees the whole picture.  We KNOW Jonathan is in no pain and sitting with Jesus.

Thousands have come to this blog since Jonathan (Sasha) has passed away.  We like to think our Christian family is just standing with us.  Thank you.

Right now, as we contemplate the future and how we can honor Jonathan's life, we ask for prayers. 

Prayers for comfort, but also for direction..... and peace in that direction for our entire family (the children as well).

Please, I need to leave you with these thoughts. 

If God is speaking, don't ignore Him.  Don't say, "I'll follow God when...."

There is blessing even in the pain.  Where God leads, you can't go wrong.  Obey, let God take care of the results.

"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,  and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,  and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5


5 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to hear this. I am praying for you as you grieve the loss of your son. I'm praying that God will lift you up and give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. I pray that God to lift you all up and will give you the strength you need to get thought your loss. I saw your post on another friends blog.

    God be with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is broken for you. Praying that you will be comforted, and that the Holy Spirit will guide you from you. I pray especially for your little ones as they grieve the loss of the brother they never met. He rests in the arms of Jesus, and is listening to the angels sing. Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so sorry. Tears are running as I look at the picture of Jonathan on our fridge door. I wish he had made it to be part of your loving family. Again, tears.
    Leena
    Finland

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails