Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Our Jonathan is in the Arms of God

 
 
This morning, our early riser ran to me telling me that the phone was ringing and it was Reece's Rainbow.

It was a call that no parent ever wants to receive.  I barely remember what was said.

Jonathan is gone from this earth.

It's a knowledge that no one wants to share with their husband...a sobbing no one wants to hear... as their children break down when they realize their brother is gone. 

It's a statement no one wants to hear when they tell their toddlers that Jonathan is with Jesus. "But mommy...I want him here!"

It's a embrace no one wants to experience...you and your husband clinging to each other afraid to let go.

My heart feels like it's bleeding.  It is shattered.  I don't remember such pain.

We remember though....GOD IS SOVEREIGN.  GOD IS ON HIS THRONE.

This morning we joined hands and thanked God for taking our Jonathan.  We want him here.  We very selfishly want to be the ones holding him.  My arms physically ache...a piece of me is missing.  We cling to God though...with a tenacity we didn't know we had.

As we step forward we ask for prayers,  for comfort, peace...and direction.  We will NOT let satan win.  We will NOT give up this journey.  We now just don't know where this leads.  In the honor of  OUR GOD and our Jonathan, we will continue and will fight to bring home Jonathan's brother or sister.  We cannot KNOW and not DO.   It is NOT over.

Though we sit in anguish, we know when we enter Heaven we will hold our son.  Our tears will not stop flowing for a very long time. 

We love you sweet Jonathan....tell the day we die we will long to hold you....and then we will.


"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever." Psalm 23:1-6




33 comments:

  1. Prayers prayers prayers for you all with your loss and Heavens gain. Prayers of peace, comfort, and assurance. I know God will carry you all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kat. Words are so inadequate. I am so sorry. We will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this Kat. I will pray for your sweet family - for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO words can take away the pain of losing a child- EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know our family is lifting yours in prayer!!!!! Crying with you my friend.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry. I am sad. I am also Thankful that we KNOW our Father God. That His Word is readily available during times that are both good and difficult. That we can rest assured in the words that tell us where sweet Jonathon is now. My prayers will be for the broken hearts in your home and family. Much Love ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry - this is devastating news. Poor little Sasha - I wish he had experienced your love. It was so close. So very close. I have been following the Lost Boys for almost 2 years now after I learned of them on Julia's blog. I was so happy when you committed to Sasha and have been following your journey and praying for the others who remain there. Peace to your family.

    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your family. God's peace and comfort be yours in abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my love and prayers and support are with you. I love you and thank you for pointing to God always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so, so sorry. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart is absolutely breaking for you... I just cried... I know there is nothing I can say to make it better, but if there is anything at all that would help you in any way, please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying boldly for peace for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs and prayers for peace in your heart - I am so terribly sorry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry :( I was so excited for Jonathan when he had a family. Praying for your family. I can't imagine what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! Dear Kat! I have no words right now. Just tears and love and hugs and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found your blog through RR this morning. So sorry. Tears with you,and prayers for strength and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I am so, so sorry!!! I am crying with you, but I PRAISE THE LORD that Jonathan will never know suffering again.
    Your family is in my prayers, and our Comforter is mighty! -I wish I could give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry, Kat. My prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry, Kat. My prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry. My heart is broken for you and you have my prayers.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry....

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. may God comfort your family on this awful day... dear sweet sasha, now free from pain and in the arms of the most awesome Father. God please show this family your plan for healing and what is to come. We know that Sasha's life was not in vain....show us the seeds that are sown now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so very sorry. I love you my sister in Christ and wish you all peace!

    De

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Kat, there are no words. (cry) I know my girls Angel, Molly and Joy are Welcoming him Home. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am praying. And so very sad. If I could I would hug you and sit with you. Again--prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have no words except I am so very sorry. Much love and prayers for everyone from our family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I`m Speechless! We are praying for your loss! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are in our prayers! We KNOW what you are going through we've been there with our sweet Nikita. God had a plan for us and He has one for you too! Clinging to your Heavenly Father! He will turn your mourning into dancing. We will be praying for your journey to Jonathan's brother/sister!Big hugs to your entire family!
    Love,
    The Hinz family
    godsarrowsinourquiver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Praying for you all. Rest peacefully in Jesus's arms sweet Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Prayers to you all. Rest peacefully in Jesus's arms sweet Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  31. So so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. Please know our hearts are breaking for your family and we will be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We are so sorry for this news. We are praying for your whole family at this time.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails