Friday, March 15, 2013

I CAN'T DO IT

STOP.IT.

STOP.SAYING.THAT.

Friends, I cherish you, but DON'T LIMIT MY GOD.

Because when "I can't do it" OR "I could never do that" comes out of our mouths that is EXACTLY what we are doing.

We are saying that God (our mountain moving, life change, miracle working God) cannot instill in us something that HE hasn't before.  We are not saying, "I can't". 

We are saying GOD CAN'T.

"Excuse me?!" many may be rearing up.  I can almost audibly hear right now,"I would NEVER say that.  I am just saying it's not within my ability."

(Running to Tarshish?  We need to watch out for the whale, cause he's about to swallow us?)

How many times to do we say, "God, I could never do that"?

How many time do we say, "I really admire them" and "They are amazing", instead of realizing that all they gave up was the thought, "I CAN'T"?  It's that simple.  They realized GOD CAN.

*A child lays in a "dying room" struggling in pain every day.
*A drug addict lays in an alley, in the inner city, because no one was willing to tell him of God's love.
*Another orphan was created because there wasn't enough money given to sponsor another family.
*A whole village lives in fear of "unknown entities" and "magic" instead of Christ's love.

Someone said, "I can't".

I have said I can't...many times.  It sucks friends.  Running from God leaves my spirit in torment.  It makes me so uncomfortable that I have a hard time concentrating.  It leaves me in the belly of a whale.

DON'T DO IT.

DO NOT LIMIT YOUR GOD...MY GOD.

When we are children, we often look to adults in our lives in awe.  They are amazing.  They do the coolest things.  I can't do that though.  I can't reach, do, or carry that.  I'm too small.

We are not children anymore.

It's time we realize there is someone who can reach, do, and carry that.  It's time we stop seeing our limitations and start seeing GOD'S AUTHORITY, POWER, AND MIGHT.

He will NOT show us a path and not equip us to walk it. 

He will NOT place difficult things in front of us and turn His back.

OUR GOD WILL NOT DO THAT.

I do not say this lightly.  I'm not staring at you in judgment.

I, my friends, am looking in a mirror.  I am a mommy in pain, because my son has just died.

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." I Corinthians 13

OUR AMAZING, STUNNING, LEADING, FAITHFUL, AWE INSPIRING, MIGHTY, POWERFUL, FATHER GOD CAN.

and don't you forget it.

3 comments:

  1. So true, and I have been guilty of it many times! Stay strong in the Lord and he will bring beauty from these ashes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

    SO VERY VERY VERY TRUE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder! and yes, you are absolutely right!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails