Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Call

We often let our teens spread their wings and make hard decisions by themselves.  Granted, that's easier because (though they do not always follow it) they ask for our guidance. 

There is several rules when they go out though.  We consider them rules of safety and consideration.  My husband and I follow the same rules (though, for us, they are no longer "rules").

#1:They need to let us know where they're going and who they are with.
#2: They need to have their phones with them and are expected to check in occasionally.

The times that I've called and they haven't answered, my heart was in my throat and beating through my chest (which is a trick when it happens at the same time).  It's always innocent (a ringer they forgot to turn back on after Church, playing "Sardines" with friends) and they always call...

...BUT while I wait, I rotate between worry and death and destruction.  The Death Star doesn't have anything on me.

I'm not always sure how to handle (or where to put) my "momma bear" for our sweet Jonathan though. There are things that are in the back of our minds that I never would have fathomed would be a part of our existence.

So on to today....

My mom called this morning and reminded me tomorrow was Valentines Day.  We ALWAYS keep it small, but...ummm....NOTHING is smaller than my usual. 

Thankful for my mom....

As we took a few moments today to shop for the kids, I received a phone call.

When I saw the name, my heart sank to my feet.

In seconds I reminded myself that she COULD just be checking in.  She's our amazing contact at Reece's Rainbow.  We stay on track SOLELY because of her. 

She also has another rough job though.

If a child passes away, she may have to make that call as well.

My whole life slowed down to a brief interval.  It was an instant of "Oh ME of little faith".

As I answered, I think my first words were,

"Hi, is everything okay?"

It was good news, don't worry friends, but it was the hardest sentence I've uttered in awhile.

"Is everything okay?"

Because reality is, I can control nothing when it comes to Jonathan.  I can lay down no rules.  I can shelter and "doctor" him...not at all.   

It's a reality for us now.  A reality that squeezes my heart and lays me out. 

His caregivers.... those that will do their best, within their means (said prayerfully), to care for him.  This mental institution is government run and the funds are minimal.  The training is, most likely, not existent for the same reason.  I believe they try.  I really do.

It's our reality now though.

Many are facing the same reality.  Many parents are "paperchasing" as they strive to get to their little (and big) ones home. 

That's only a small percentage of the children though....only a small percentage are being prayed for, only a small percentage are being sponsored, only a small percentage have families seeking them.

Adoptions in the United States right now are happening less and less.  Many are using the economy as a reason to not follow a path to blessing. 

Yes, there is fear occasionally (silly human fear that I too suffer from).

YET, if God can part the Red Sea...... if God can raise the dead.....and if God can die Himself and is now alive....NO MONEY, NO SITUATION IS BIGGER THAN HE IS.

It's not an "IF" friends.  GOD IS BIGGER THAN ANY SITUATION THAT COULD STOP US FROM FOLLOWING HIM.

Money cannot stop HIM.
Family cannot stop HIM.
Illness cannot stop HIM.
GOVERNMENTS cannot stop HIM.

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER CANNOT BE STOPPED.

So, our reality is not easy.  God never said it would be.  It's blessed though.

I want to invite you to join us in blessing.  There's a little one across the world, in your backyard, or IN your heart that needs you.

LET GOD BE YOUR REALITY. NO BOX CAN CONTAIN HIM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those wondering, after being fingerprinted last Friday, we have been approved by immigration to adopt Jonathan.  THAT is what the call was about.  Approval took only five days...FIVE. 

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER HAS GOT THIS.

(Prayer Requests Below)

“I, even I, am He who comforts you.
Who are you that you fear mere mortals,
human beings who are but grass,
 that you forget the Lord your Maker,
who stretches out the heavens
and who lays the foundations of the earth,
that you live in constant terror every day
because of the wrath of the oppressor,
who is bent on destruction?
For where is the wrath of the oppressor?
The cowering prisoners will soon be set free;
they will not die in their dungeon,
nor will they lack bread.
For I am the Lord your God,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar
the Lord Almighty is his name." Isaiah 51:12-15



PLEASE PRAY FOR (covering entire adoption)....

*PLEASE PRAY satan's HANDS ARE TIED during this adoption and after we arrive home.

*Jonathan to be sustained, COMPLETELY protected, that God prepares his heart beyond what would make sense. Also, for the head of the institution and for the caretakers to KNOW God's love and HIS value of these children. 
*For EVERY aspect of this adoption to be protected. Please pray continued protection on ALL involved...every single person or organization that has anything to do with this adoption.
*Please pray for our family and children...in the past the attacks on their sweet spirits happen especially during these processes.
*Please pray the remainder of the funds come in quickly. Please pray that Churches are open to us speaking of our need and sharing the need of other children yet to be placed in families.  Please also pray for peace and confidence as we do this.


THIS WEEK (specific to now)...
 

*Please pray the last dossier forms are all done correctly (Our tax forms, apostilled marriage licenses from another state, I-171H approval, and all Apostilling).
*Please pray for the documents that were mailed to another state on 1/29 (our marriage licenses) to be apostilled correctly and with swiftness...AND within the week arrive back here to our home.


PERSONAL

*Please pray for my balance, as a mom, as we start home school, start focusing on our oldest's upcoming graduation, and are doing paperwork and fundraising for the adoption. Please pray that I have patience and balance life successfully for all our little blessings (here and internationally), as well as for my husband.
*Please pray I have patience (and we all feel God's peace).
*Please pray for my husband's professional life. That he reflects God in all he does.
*Please also pray that satan's strongholds on our lives are SHATTERED.



5 comments:

  1. Five days!?! Has GOT tO be a record !! Jubilant for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, woot! Thank you Jesus! Rejoicing with you as one more hurdle is crossed on your way to Jonathan.

    And that analogy between our "illusion" of control in setting rules for the children with us. . .and the illusion-crashing reality of having no control over Jonathan's safety. . .it hit home, friend. It hit home.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair!! LOL!! We waited weeeeeeeks!! Praise God!! We are on our knees.Totally on our knees. Literally on our knees, for you and those "in process". (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord... again!
    When I started reading this post, my heart almost stopped, in fear, but by the time I had finished, I had already stopped to thank our omnipotent God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you o.k. ? we miss you!
    (((HUGS))) and prayers

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails