Thursday, January 24, 2013

Overcast with a Chance of Rain...and Thank You

This morning I started a post called, "Overcast with a Chance of Rain".

Here is a portion of what it said...

"This morning is overcast, and matches my mood. As my oldest son coined years ago...

I woke up on the wrong side of the kitty litter box.

I feel overcast with a chance of rain.

I was thinking just last night that, at times, I read others blogs and feel as if I'm doing something wrong. Their lives seem to be full of perfection. Their preschoolers do in depth unit studies of quantum physics. There is no bickering or arguing and they ALWAYS sit down to discuss disagreements with the manners of best buddies (with rainbows and unicorns present). They handle every hard situation perfectly.

Ya, I realize it's more likely that they just aren't talking about the hard days. That's okay and there is NO right way to blog. Yet, I feel a little like I'm looking into a window that has sheer curtains covering it. I'm not seeing a full picture. ( I now sound like the stalker) 

I, myself, realize the danger of the FULL picture.

Truthfully you're not seeing a complete picture here either (though I divulge as much as possible). There are some situations I share, but will not violate the kids privacy and do not share which child partook in said adventure. Even in those times, I make sure it's a situation that they will look back on and laugh.  There are also things I don't share, they are so sensitive and would be either too hard, or would violate someone else's privacy.  

Finally, I realize there are "trolls" out there. It's a word that implies those that "hide under the bridge" until the right moment to attack. I don't know everyone who reads our blog. I do know that some of my most cherished friends have suffered these attacks. Even I can swack that bumper sticker on my car that says, "I've been trolled".

Side Note: Okay, that bumper sticker doesn't exist, but it would definitely make me smile if I saw it. I think we should also have a secret handshake.

I am not perfect...FAR FAR FAR from it. (add "far" about a hundred more times)

So back to today.

Overcast with a Chance of Rain

I am weary.

I am a little discouraged."

And God knew that.  I am convinced one of my bloggy friends knew that as well.  She, her family (including her mom) must have had a whisper from God about the EXACT perfect day to mail a gift.

Not only did her sweet mom and her family send a donation to our adoption that arrived today, but they sent me a gift that (unless I wear it out) I imagine you'll see in pictures from Eastern Europe in a few months.

I can't imagine a more perfect present.  Thank you....you know who you are.  It was not only such a sweet and thoughtful thing, but a hug from God on a day I was otherwise discouraged.



Some days, for every person, it is about putting one foot in front of the other.   Today I'm doing that, knowing the forecast for tomorrow will be brighter.  It's time to war against discouragement and the lies of satan.

IT'S COMBAT PRAISE TIME....

"Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness."
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord." Pslam 150:1-6

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it in a few months- claiming a child that is GOD's and yours!!!!!!

    Perfect gift to our not so perfect lives..... :) HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) ....sigh.... as a dear friend told me today, "you suffer, you sacrifice, to be condemned, and misunderstood." Hard stuff, thank goodness it is not to the point our Precious Saviour suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the reasons I don't blog. Well, time for it is number one because when would I also have time to read my favs? Another reason is that I don't have the perfect school schedule or wonderful projects and field trips going on. I get grouchy and impatient with my family . . . which I just don't read my bloggy friends doing (much anyway) and I don't want to fall short. Some of the things I "worry over" for my children as they grow up, well, I guess I don't want the "I told you so's" from people. I've gotten that plenty in the past and still feel it as they watch from their perfect little world. yeah, right. Another really huge thing is to protect our privacy.
    So, I'll probably remain a blog follower and do my best to send encouragement to those bloggers-who've-become-close-friends.
    Love you, Kat! Btw, I wondered today about what your house sounded like. "Do her little ones fight and bicker over a toy? Do they ever mope around with 'nothing to do'?" I was thinking this as I sewed and my kids were bored and this homeschooling mom just didn't have it all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This world isn't about being perfect. Anyone thinking her/himself as perfect is probably in need of therapy. ;)

    Please remember you always have a lot more real-life and blog friends. Let the trolls continue their lives under the bridges where they belong. They have a problem, not you. :)

    /Leena

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails