Sunday, January 6, 2013

Big Week...Armed for Prayer

We've been spending the last week gathering paperwork for our dossier (paperwork that goes to Eastern Europe).  Certain papers need to match the home study, so unbelievably, we've already started gathering it.

We've also been doing all kinds of fun stuff.


 
Guess where we were?  Yup, heading to a low cost shot clinic with ALL of our animals.  We have a lot of 'em.  Our state requires proof of vaccinations for all animals in the home (for all home studies).  The animals were due.

This week is a big week for our home study.  I'd like to say I wasn't...a basket case a little crazy right now, but unfortunately that might be a complete and utter bold faced lie not exactly true.

Monday my husband and I have our physicals.  This shouldn't make me nervous, except that physicals always make me nervous.  I mean sick to my stomach, total head in the sand nervous.  My very normal blood pressure is NEVER normal during any doctor appointment.  It is always high...because I HATE PHYSICALS. 

I really wish I could be all unicorns and smiley faces and say things like, "I just LOVE LOVE LOVE physicals!!!!   I feel just so close to my doctor.  It's our special time."  Then again, I think that would be a little disturbing.

All that insanity to say, PLEASE PRAY FRIENDS.  It's not about my nerves, but Jonathan.  Please pray ALL test results are good.  Please pray the doctors happily, willingly, and correctly provide the necessary paperwork for both the home study and the dossier.

That's not all though...

On Thursday (early morning) four of the kids will have their interviews with the psychologist for the home study.  This is the first one for the kids and the last one in order to finalize our home study.  Yes, it's the truth that we are all crazy.  They just want to insure adjustment of the middle kids. Please pray that the interviews go wonderfully and the psychologist has NO concerns

Here's the thing.  The master of lies will fight to keep Jonathan right where he is.  He wants Jonathan's life to be devalued.  WE all know that he is very valued...to God and to us.  He knows what an impact one little boy's life will make on this world.  We expect the fight.  We need not only to cover every aspect of this process, adoption, and especially Jonathan in our prayers....but we need to pray satan's hands are tied.

Though I joke a lot, we know this battle for little Jonathan is very serious.  I feel this need to get our camos on, but on the combat boots, and arm for war.  Jonathan needs an army surrounding him...an army of prayer warriors.

Could you please continue to pray this week?  Please also pray very specifically.

PLEASE PRAY FOR....
*Jonathan to be sustained, COMPLETELY protected, that God prepares his heart beyond what would make sense (because of his neglect) for his family and to understand love.  Also, for the head of the institution and for the caretakers to KNOW God's love and HIS value of these children.
*For EVERY aspect of this adoption to be protected.  Please pray that satan's hands are tied completely.  Please pray continued protection on ALL involved...every single person or organization that has anything to do with this adoption.
*Please pray for our family and children...in the past the attacks on their sweet spirits happen especially during these processes. 
*Please pray the remainder of the funds come in quickly.
THIS WEEK...
*Please pray ALL medical tests for my husband and I have wonderful results. Please pray the doctors happily, willingly, and correctly provide the necessary paperwork for both the home study and the dossier.
*Can you please pray specifically that my blood pressure is normal?  It always goes up when I go to the doctor (from the stress).
*Please pray that the interviews with the psychologist go wonderfully and that he has NO concerns.
* Please pray that our home study comes together this week and we can gain official approval quickly.
PERSONAL
*Please pray for my balance, as a mom, as we start home school, start focusing on our oldest's upcoming graduation, and are doing paperwork and fundraising for the adoption.  Please pray that I have patience and balance life successfully for all our little blessings (here and internationally), as well as for my husband.

Thank you friends....

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes."  Ephesians 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails