Friday, January 18, 2013

4:00am, Tired, Prosthetics, Sleepy, and USCIS (ZZZZZZZ)

Is it really only almost 4:00pm?  REALLY?!!

My day started somewhere around 4:00am when Anna shared with me her stomach was hurting.  We curled up on the couch together (as she couldn't sleep). 

At 6:00am I woke up Bekah, Gabe, Rachel, and Jael.  We needed to get ready to go to Jael's appointment for her prosthetics...during rush hour.  We had to leave at 7:00am. 

Side Note: Anna and Max had school with Grandma.  Sarah had an orthodontist appointment at 10:40...and Tom...had no interest...though (very sweetly last night) offered to go if I needed him.

(YAWNING)

We (the four youngest and I) made it to the appointment at 8:20 (and spent about 20 minutes in the bathroom taking the littles potty).

Gotta say it though, they are cute.  I mean SERIOUSLY cute.


It was just a quick prosthetic check with a decision to refit (if no changes) Jael in about six months for both running legs and knees.

We didn't learn anything new really....


...except that the sheet on this bed had snakes AND ropes.  We learned that cowboys really didn't do much cow riding, but they did bull riding.  We were very deep.  You would be impressed.


The triplets wanted to leave at this point.  They knew when we left we would stop and they get free popcorn.  That's all I heard the entire 2 1/2 hours. 

"Can we get popcorn now?"

Jael, in this picture, realized it was ALMOST popcorn time.

Yes, my kids are popcorn deprived. 

We left the hospital at 11:00 and made it to our home study agency around 11:30.  Did I mention that we picked up our home study today?!  Oh, well...remind me, would you? I'm tired.

Our drive back was MUCH quicker (no rush hour) and we picked up Sarah, ran to the bank (banging head on desk, forgot to deposit a check), and ran to the UPS Store to....

MAIL OUR USCIS PAPERWORK.  Yup, we are now waiting for immigration approval.  It's paid for and mailed.  (Moment in my fuzzy delusions of tiredness to say "thank you" again to all of those, through prayer and financial blessing, have helped us get to this point)

This is our file that you will see a lot of...very treasured. 
Each of our adopted blessings had one.  These are Jonathan's documents.
It now includes the home study!  Please pray there is NO problem
with it OR our medicals (long story...okay, it's not, but I'm tired).


Finally we ran to the grocery store to get a couple of things (somewhat funny story, but I don't want to give the wrong impression that we're nice or something....lol) and stopped by a friend's house.

I picked up the middles at 3:30 and it is somehow past four now.

Have I mentioned that I'm a little tired?  Wait....who are you?  What have you done with my bunny???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE PRAY FOR (covering entire adoption)....

*PLEASE PRAY satan's HANDS ARE TIED during this adoption and after we arrive home.
*Jonathan to be sustained, COMPLETELY protected, that God prepares his heart beyond what would make sense (because of his neglect) for his family and to understand love. Also, for the head of the institution and for the caretakers to KNOW God's love and HIS value of these children.
*For EVERY aspect of this adoption to be protected. Please pray continued protection on ALL involved...every single person or organization that has anything to do with this adoption.
*Please pray for our family and children...in the past the attacks on their sweet spirits happen especially during these processes.
*Please pray the remainder of the funds come in quickly.

THIS WEEK (specific to now)...

*Please pray the medical forms are correctly done and the tests results are very good.  We had to add something to my medical form.  Please pray she gets the message and adds it correctly so we don't have to get it redone.  She's been WONDERFUL and I pray I don't need to ask more from her.
* Please pray that everything that needs to be in the home study for us to bring Jonathan home is there. This is not about our social worker at all (she's WONDERFUL), but Jonathan and his health (what we are approved to adopt matches what he medically has happening).
*Please pray the our employment letter and fingerprinting (and subsequent approval) for the dossier is done quickly and correctly.
*Please pray the first set of apostilled documents are done correctly and quickly in our hands.
*Please pray the dossier paperwork (and there is A LOT) is done correctly and QUICKLY.
*Please pray the Immigration Approval comes in with speed we cannot fathom.
PERSONAL

*Please pray for my balance, as a mom, as we start home school, start focusing on our oldest's upcoming graduation, and are doing paperwork and fundraising for the adoption. Please pray that I have patience and balance life successfully for all our little blessings (here and internationally), as well as for my husband.
*Please pray I have patience (and we all feel God's peace).
*Please pray for my husband's professional life. That he reflects God in all he does.
*Please also pray that satan's strongholds on our lives are shattered.


“I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.” Isaiah 45:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails