Sunday, November 4, 2012

Remembering Orphan Sunday (While Sick)

Today Sarah and I are curled up in my bed.   We feel bad enough that when we realized the sheet had twisted off the bed, we just shrug and say, "Poor sheet." 

Sarah thinks it's a mild form of the flu...I'm now thinking she may be right.  This virus is just hanging on.  We don't think we are the only ones with it either.  Thomas just came in an shared with me that our oldest is complaining that his throat hurts.

So, as I sit here with our cat Brrreow (roll your "r's" and you'll get it...laughing), I have been racking my brain for something...anything...to share on this blog today.

I have a half finished post on Jael's two days in the hospital, but....

I have the professional pictures a dear friend took of my kids, but...

I have many posts rolling around in my head, but...

Today is Orphan Sunday.

Today many Churches put aside time to focus on the little ones that need warriors...the orphan.

So, today I'm going to ask something of you.  I'm too weak to do much else.

I'm going to ask you to sit in front of a picture of each of your children, nieces or nephews, or little ones you love....and imagine.

Imagine where they'd be without the love of a family.

To tell you the truth, I started to write about where my kids would be.  I thought about it, but couldn't do it.  It made me feel even more ill.  I've seen where some of them were and I ache to get those years back.

If tears don't fill your eyes as you imagine, you MAY not realize the reality. 

160,000,000 to 200,000,000 orphans fill this world.

The next post is the reality.  We have seen it.  It's rough...

http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2012/11/if-not-us-then-who.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails