Thursday, November 1, 2012

Is It This Month???

My body decided to have a discussion with me today that I didn't particularly care for.  It said, "Three birthday parties, multiple people over, hospital stays, a weekend away, home school, Strep, co-op, shopping, holiday planning, stress, cleaning, a stomach bug, driving for hours for events with NO WEEKENDS OFF is...well, upsetting me.  I've decided that, since Strep did not stop you for very long, to knock you off your feet.  Try to ignore this one."

Occasionally, when I over do it...usually at some point this time of year, my body and I have this argument.  It's ticking me off, but maybe it's because I like to be right...and I'm not.

I was REALLY wiped out yesterday at the hospital, but just ignored it.  I woke this morning with a swollen throat and not being able to talk.  At first I just made fun of myself (me....not talking...unusual)...until noon when I felt like I had been hit with a ton of bricks (covered in rock, cement, and books....hey, they're heavy, right?!)

My oldest daughter went into shock as I curled up on the couch (which I never do). 

Yet at some moment today I remembered that this is the first of November.  National Adoption Month has begun. 

Part of me celebrates this month as an extra incentive for everyone to yell from the mountain tops!  Part of me is a little sad.  No child should be forgotten for eleven months of the year...as many are.

So this month, though for a little while (until I get back on my feet) I may repost some of my favorites, I will remember.

 I will remember, speak, and shout from the mountain top in honor of my GOD.  They are HIS children after all.  He just loans them to us.

1 comment:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails