Friday, October 5, 2012

It's Not My Fault

Amy at "Living a Blessed Life" posted this today (http://livingablessedlife.blogspot.com/).

So many thoughts ran through my head when I watched it.

Children are often the victims of the evil of this world.  Their innocence makes them even more vulnerable.  It all seems so far away sometimes.  Sadly, we've seen this first hand. 

We've also seen the shame.  The shame of children who horrendous acts are perpetrated against.  Those young ones who feel like it's their fault.  Often these same children will push people away because they feel unworthy. 

I am the first person that gets really bugged when someone doesn't take responsibility for their actions.  This is one of those times though that something different needs to take place.

This is a time where we need to teach a child to whisper, talk, write down, yell, and scream...
"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" and then teach them of a Savior who can heal even the deepest wounds.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Heart as Always Kat!! As an at risk kid myself many years ago, I took the responsibility/guilt for not knowing what to do, for a drunk dad & depressed mom & all that meant for us 3 kids. I truly felt it was my job to fix it, to walk the eggshells without breaking any so the 'consequences' did not come. It wasn't my fault. I was just a little kid... Not a failure... Thanks for your love to all!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails