Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Standing for Jael ~ Tuesday is Monday

Tuesday is my Monday...every Tuesday.  It's not a bad day actually, but it's the first day of our home school week.  For some reason these precious wonders....

no matter just how cute they are...don't enjoy the first day daddy as back at work that they aren't CONSTANTLY busy.  Mondays are often hospital days for us, so they just don't notice as much.  Tuesdays are another story.

Can you tell in the previous picture that Jael is beginning to balance on her legs? 

Maybe you can tell in this one?

 
Or this one?


In the last one I was actually trying to get an idea if Jael will be taller or shorter than Gabe with her prosthesis?  She SOOOO wants to be taller than him! 

So then of course then I made them pose for this picture?
 

Traditionally the width of the arms is about how tall you are.  It's not super accurate in children, but somewhat.  Gabe is taller from knees to top of head, but Jael (they were looking at me like I'm so weird) has a longer arm span.  Hmmmm....

Jael standing on her legs is really a big deal for her.  She's had some fear of pain.  We touch her legs a lot to decrease sensitivity (that can become a problem if we didn't).  She is still very hesitant to allow anyone to touch her stitches area though.  There is some fear there.  She's ok with mommy and daddy, but she herself is even more hesitant. 


It's just the last few days she's popped up on her legs and begun to attempt some balance...our sweet and inspirational girl...so impressive.


I feel so amazingly blessed to parent these children.  I am SO far from perfect and make mistakes, but God has blessed me and I'm so very thankful.  I'm very thankful God uses the "weak things of this world" (1 Corinthians 1:27).

Oh no, Gabe just sneezed (running for a wet wipe) !!!!

"Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me..." Psalm 66:16


6 comments:

  1. At first I didn't know if the top picture in this post was pre-surgery. And then . . . WOW! Jael! Way to go! So very wonderful! I have no doubt that Jael will be up on her new prostetics as soon as she gets them.
    I guess it's a universal challenge to all older siblings . . . taller means older. Uh-oh, I think we're going to have some trouble ahead with our two boys then.
    First days back to school every week are hairy around here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts and pictures! It is so wonderful to see Jael standing on her knees. My (almost) 9-year-old just declared his amazement at ALL that she has been through. :o) I understand her desire to be taller than Gabe, especially since she is older. Hehe! Kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing Jael balancing already=hands clasped to my chest and a smile of bliss! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, that is wonderful news and incredible progress!! So pleased for Jael and you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I so often wonder and say to God "I am so blessed with my children, are you sure I can do this? I am so human." And then he sends me another! LOL! I guess we are exactly the parents (you and I) of these kids that He's looking for!
    Praise God! We can't wait to see Jael's new legs!!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails