Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Time of Worship is Just Beginning...Again (Jael, Tom, Sarah, Anna, Max, Bekah, Gabe, and Rachel)

Even before I share this post, I want everyone to know that Jael is doing wonderfully...more than wonderfully.  I know many are concerned and wanted you to read this post with a heart knowing thing are more than good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name."

                  Matt Redmon "Ten Thousand Reasons"

The day started with watching the clock...waiting for 8:00 am to roll around so we could call the hospital.  I dialed the phone and got the hospital's main line instead of Julie, the nurse coordinator (I had called her extension).  I hung up.  Within seconds the phone rang in my hand, Julie had called me at the same time I had called her. 

After talking to her, we quickly received an appointment and headed down to the hospital.


The older children were at the teaching co-op, so it was just the littles and I.  Now that picture is beautiful....

Though our appointment was at 10:00, we needed to wait for a little bit (since we were to be squeezed in).

Arriving

The backpacks were bought for a camping trip, but I used them in the parking garage today (since I couldn't use the stroller).  When I went to take them off the twins wouldn't have it and asked if they could keep wearing them.  I spent the whole day asking them to pick up their tails...lol.


 
When the time came, we were called back to the room, Jael just a joy the entire time.  You wouldn't know she had an infection.

The triplets went immediately to playing.




I had yet to unwrap Jael's bandages this morning.  I wanted to make sure the doctor saw any discharge on the bandages personally.  Yesterday it was swollen around the sutures and the redness had spread on the left leg...the healthiest leg.

He removed the bandages...


and there was NOTHING...no redness...no infection.  His thought was that there was a reaction to the sutures dissolving this weekend.  Friends, it was more than that...but it was GONE.  The only thing left of it was a little peeling skin and a tiny scab along the sutures.

"Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name."


The healing at only two weeks (two weeks ago tomorrow was the amputation surgery) was SO good that the doctor called the other surgeon in to see it.  They agreed that today, instead of fighting infection....

We would no longer need to place a bandage on her legs unless there was discharge....and a sock if she scoots around to protect the continually healing area.

We could bring her out more often, within reason.

WE WOULD BE SENT DOWN TO PROSTHETICS TODAY!!!

"Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find."


In prosthetics they fitted her with a form of compression socks.  She wears them for a week to take down any residual swelling so the casting for prosthetics will be a true fit.





IN ONE WEEK THEY WILL BE DOING THE CASTING FOR HER PROSTHETICS!!!

We will then (most likely at the end of the same week) be trying on a temporary socket to see if the fit is correct.

Two to three weeks after that...we will enter the hospital for 3-5 days and OUR BABY WILL WALK!!!!! 

We are planning for THREE TO FOUR WEEKS FROM NOW!!!!

"Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name!"


This little treasure is a life celebrated...she is a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a great-granddaughter, a niece, a great-niece, a cousin, a friend....and a princess (GOD's daughter).  She is worthy, because God made her so.  GOD DID....

Many children wait in mental institutions, abandoned, neglected, starving, without families....THEY ARE WORTHY.  Many...many...MANY wait, even in children's homes or foster homes that are some of the best and most loving. Still they are missing something key.

They long to be a daughter or son, a sister or brother, a granddaughter or grandson, a great-granddaughter or great-grandson, a niece or a nephew, a great-niece or a great-nephew, some even long to have a friend. 

Though, now here's the cool part, they are already a prince or a princess...GOD'S child.

Whether they can ever walk, talk, or move on their own...THEY ARE ALREADY PRINCES AND PRINCESSES.

It's time for Christians to remember that.

Jael, our precious daughter, for three and a half years waited for us to see her.  We met her for the first time and she was petrified.


She is a blessing.  She has come SO very far...to the little girl who fell asleep in the carseat on the way home.



God gave us a miracle today.  More than I can even share. 

There are other children, some of them may be yours...ours...waiting for a miracle...a miracle of family.

"Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
I'll worship Your holy name"


Our time of worship is just beginning...again.

May you experience just an ounce of joy our children have brought...every.single.one.of.them.

"Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me..."Psalm 66:16





4 comments:

  1. Wow! Praise the Lord! And I love love love that song! One of my favorites right now. Prayers and fasting for you today,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am So SO happy for Jael's Miracle! I commented awhile back, before Jael's surgery, that I Believed that your sweet girl would surprise everyone with her resilience. Children are amazing little survivors. They do so much better than adults, when it comes to healing and certainly begin the whole prosthetic training and walking thing.
    I just want to tell you how very Blessed I've been by your blog. Your heart, as a Mommy to all of your children, is huge with love. I can tell from your parenting and your love for the Lord, that you have much faith. And, you're funny on top of all of that! : )
    I'm an avid Reece's Rainbow fan and I spend a lot of time advocating and praying for orphans. Oh, how I would love to be Mama to one or two or TEN of them! I'm not able to adopt, but I certainly feel like an Auntie to many who have come home and a Prayer Warrior for those who wait for their forever family.
    I will continue to pray for your sweet girl. Take care of yourself! Mommies are the backbone of the home. Stay strong and sleep...in your bed! Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my heart is so full, bursting with praise!! God is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails