Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our Reality One Week After We Arrived Home :)

I thought I'd share what our day looks like from a mommy perspective, as well as our GREAT NEWS.  Brace yourself, I write more than I talk and that says something....

At 6:00 am Jael woke up needing to go potty (at the same time the puppy started whining).  I reached over and shook Thomas, "Pleeaaassse, can you take her honey???"  I can't seem to stop waking up every hour looking our daughter to make sure she's not in pain.

Thomas woke up, took Jael potty, and let the dogs out.  He went ahead and stayed up to start his "support the family" work early.  Jael was wide awake at that point too.

I got up a little...ummm...later?  Ok, I got up at 9:00 am FINALLY feeling rested. 

I woke up, looked around, and had everyone start cleaning their areas.  I think the kids like when daddy gets up first (laughing).  I hadn't really had anyone clean in about 2 1/2 days which leads to something close to "Where's Waldo".  It's called "Where's the floor?"

I did a quick vacuum and mop (VERY QUICK) and started bathing two of the littles.  I stuck Gabe and Rachel in the bath before realizing our laundry had suffered too and we had no towels.  We improvised. 

Side note: Clean babies smell awesome!

Then it was our Lil' Girl's turn.  Jael can't sit in water until totally healed and can't shower until that tiny little place on her leg heals.  I called my awesome oldest daughter (I get brownie points for bragging on her) in and she laid her little sis across her lap with Jael's head hanging over the bathtub.  I used the sprayer to wash her hair.  I'm still chicken to use the waterless shower cap with shampoo we were given.

I brought Jael into the living room with a soapy wash cloth and a clean wet one and removed her bandages.  Without getting the sutures wet, I gave her sweet little self a sponge bath.  Then went to work getting her some clean bandages. 

She was all smiles (of course).  Look how beautiful and clean our littles look!



I then tried to reign my five minute panic attack in....
*For just a second I started thinking about the yard and how it really needed to be mowed and the bushes trimmed, but we've all been so focused it slipped my mind until today.  Oh, and our trimmer is missing.  Not to mention the dogs broke a small part of the fence to see our neighbor's new puppy.
*My mind then went to the new baby proofing stuff I bought to reinforce some safety measures we put into place for our little curious ones.  I STILL haven't got to it yet.
*Like skipping rocks, I thought of the fact that I had planned to start home school this week and needed to laminate a couple of things and buy a couple small Year  Bibles since that's what we are doing/studying for Bible this year with a little tweaking. Wildly, everything else is ready. 
*I then tried to avoid looking at my room which has "issues".
*The brain of mine then bopped over to finances and needing to renew AAA that we have on the cars for emergency, needing to get our cars inspected and hoping they pass, and really needing to try to afford a SAT Prep class for the teens.
*At least looking at the floor wouldn't lead to any of these tho (mid word)....sigh...the teething puppy ate part of my rug...urg.



Trying to reign in the panic...

Finally I took a deep breath (all this took place in the five minutes), realized everything will get done or get paid for eventually, GOD has this, let it all go, and the day continued.

The phone rang and the orthodontist changed Sarah's appointment.

I called down to the AWESOME local Children's Hospital to make sure that Anna's fracture appointment matched with Jael's Post Operative Appointment.  They said that if we "happened" to show up with Anna that they may "just happen" to be able to look at her x-rays.   One less appointment to have to get to equals AWESOME!



We made lunch of the leftovers that Alvis and Jan brought for dinner last night (yum) and I got dressed and put makeup on (for the first time in days).   I even...wait for it...brushed my teeth. Amazing, aren't I?

Thomas had to go in to work for a meeting and I needed to quickly run the teens down to (seriously) one of the COOLEST CLASSES EVER at a friend's house (so cool I'm a little jealous...smile). 

I ran Tom and Sarah down, swung by the bank on the way back to cash a check Sarah received for her birthday, and got some caffeine for Thomas (who is running on empty).  I came home and Thomas left.

Jael, meanwhile, is all smiles because (drum roll please) she has had NO PAIN MEDS SINCE MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT AND IS NOT IN PAIN!!!!!!

Her little leg still has the one small spot (where they pulled the drainage tube) that needs to heal, but even that is in the normal range and has no signs of infection.  At some point I will (since it's part of the journey) post a picture of her stitches.  To me they are beauty.  To some that may sound crazy, but she has just come so far and they are healing so well!!!   We are just waiting for a tad more healing first.

Jael is now doing her twice daily tummy time and my mom is picking up up the teens (since Thomas is at work and we are not yet taking Jael out).  Actually, we both very rarely leave her.  It's so easy to just get caught up in the miracle of our daughter.  God is so very good.



Side Note: The teens just walked in the door and said they LOVED the class!

The front door opening got Gabe, Rachel, and Jael antsy and the kids are now asking for a snack, so I'm going to skidaddle (not sure I've ever said that word before).

Life is busy, good, and heading the right direction!

Thank you for your continued prayers for Jael's healing (especially the spot on her right leg) and for infection and pain to continue to stay away. 

I want to take a minute to ask for prayers as Thomas and I are seeking very specific direction.  Can you pray that God gives us unavoidable clarity?  It reminds me of the title of this blog. 

"In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a down right shove....no matter how we follow Him, the MOMENTUM that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before."

Your prayers continue to be a MAJOR blessing!!!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

  1. Prayer time on behalf of your beautiful family makes my spirit soar! Thank you for bringing us along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying (and glad we didn't show up to visit...5/6 have the stomach bug). So glad Jael's doing better with the change in pain medicine and even made it all day without any. Glad the older kids are enjoying their new school year.
    Yay for sleep, freshly bathed kids, & clean towels (you got to that, didn't you?). I'm praying also for God to give y'all clear direction and peace in your journey! God bless you all, you crazy, nutty, bathroom fixture-in-the-front-yard (you got that fixed, too, right?) friends!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails